Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #11 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. You're still really young, so don't worry, you have plenty of time to decide what you want to do. I wanted to do Ultrasound, went to school for 2 years, got all of my pre-reqs done and wasn't getting into any programs. There are only like 3 schools in CT that have the program and the head of Allied Health program of the college I wanted to go to said that I would never get into any health care related field with my grades. She made it sound like I failed all of my classes. I had an overall grade of a B but they were looking for straight A's. So I decided it wasn't for me and now I'm going to be going for my Associates in Administrative Assistant, Medical Option. It was so hard for me to go through that and I was so stressed out because I had no idea what I was going to do, I thought I was going to do Ultrasound since I was a Junior in hs. Yes, I could've taken classes over and gotten better grades, but I realized that I obviously didn't want it enough. Like my moms always said, one door closes, another one opens. You just have to keep trudging on regardless of how hard and tough it is because in the end it pays off.

I was thinking about my "friends" the other day. I only have 1 best friend that I've been friends with for 8 or 9 years. We're like sisters. I have my boyfriend who I love so much. I would like to have more friends, but it's so hard with commuting to college. I'm always here if you ever want to talk. I've gone through enough stuff and I'm only 21.lol It really sucks, but you know what? It makes you so much stronger.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #12 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hey Z,

Having a degree at 26 is not very old at all. Look at all the people who made bad choices in college and are going back to school in their 30's and 40's so they can finally do what they like as opposed to staying in a dead end job just to pay the bills.

I can tell you this; please try to do what you love in life. There is nothing worse than feeling stuck in a job that you don't enjoy because you let time pass you by and didn't pursue what you really wanted to do. I speak from experience.
I really wanted to pursue a degree in biology or other sciences but I was talked out of it because the job market at the time was not lucrative. So now I'm in Finance/Accounting and that's what I've been doing for quite some time and HATING it. I always put off what I wanted to do because I always thought I had plenty of time and the years just flew by..... I say stick with your dream and make it happen. If you really want it, you'll find a way.
As for your boss - just think of how unhappy she must be with her life. She's getting back what she puts out to the world. You should probably feel sorry for her (well kinda).

Lastly, if you have one or two true friends in life, you're doing pretty well. A lot of the people we consider "friends" will come and go in your life but there are few that would take a bullet for you or give up a kidney. Those are the friends worth having.

Hang in there :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #13 
Zenandra
Banned

Thanks guys!! I'm like getting teary eyed over here! It amazes me how people I've never met can care enough about to want to help me... It helps give me more faith in the world! I really appreciate it!! *Big Hugs* to everyone!!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #14 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Awwww! You aren't alone! We're all here for you!! *big hugggg* :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #15 
ThePearlFish

There is a business called Horsefeathers already, that's the only thing I'd consider changing about your plan :)

I am in your boat for the most part. I have only my dog and BF pretty much and 2 other friends, but with the 1st we can't do things together cus she is too busy being into herself and her life and the other lives close to where I live with my BF but she doesn't drive and lives at home and her mom keeps her on a tight leash. I am almost 23 and I am so upset that I couldn't finish my degree by now like everyone else, bu I wasn't mature enough till now, but it totally kills me. I am going to be finishing my degree in Wildlife Biology when I am either 26-27 and I feel so set back :(. If you want anytime, PM me and I can even get you my email to chat. I am a fellow animal/horse nut and miss riding :P but I am broke. we are actually rather alike in how we are both feeling lately, so you're not alone!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

BettaxFishxCrazy, that was horrible of that woman to tell you you'd never make it in the health field with your grades! That was discouraging and mean!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #17 
CodeRed

I know how ya feel, and looking around, don't we all? We've all gone through this time, and I can assure you we all know how it feels to be not quite good enough, to be a "loser" (but we aren't, of course). Life VERY RARELY goes quite according to plan. So you're still picking out your job... doesn't that mean that you'll be happier in the long run? All of those others who picked their jobs at 18 years old... will they always be happy with that job? Maybe they rushed, and are stuck with a job they don't quite like... or maybe they waited too long to change. You ARE thinking about the future, about what you want to do, and realizing this is a LIFE thing. You're not rushing into things that'll come back and bite you in the butt.
Like the others, I'm here for a chat if you ever need it. Good luck, don't feel bad, and realize that life goes it's own pace. You can't rush it, you can't slow it down. Hop on and hope for the best. Plan ahead, and don't regret the past.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #18 
ThePearlFish

ooh rrgh BettaxFishxCrazy that is so mean of that woman to say!

I was talking to a transfer counselor before I knew where I wanted to transfer this past fall semester and after I told him I wasn't that great at math and I had to take a a few developmental courses to get me on level again (I was speaking out of anxiety cus I hate math and not that great at it) he basically told me in a sideways kinda way that I maybe should rethink my career choice of going for a bio major since it involves math. I was so angry and hurt and instead of attending seminar I was going to go to went to my car and cried and went home. Well, I am getting my Wildlife bio degree no matter what that man thinks! I'm not stupid just cus math is hard for me!

(sorry to hijack the thread )
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #19 
vaygirl

Nah, we all wanna share stories. :) I'm glad it helps to hear from others. I quit college to move in with my boyfriend. :/ I'm almost 40 now. I wanted to do biology too. Now I just care for my own guys, watch the birds in my yard, and love my pets. My husband wanted to play bass or draw comic books. He works in Compliance now. Go for your dreams!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #20 
spongebob

you should call it K9 CATfish
spongebob is offline   Reply With Quote