Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #11 
Betta Slave

They're so cute that way XD Hattie shows off her lipstick for me, and Spiri just struts around. XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #12 
metalbetta

Tifa tries attacking the camera. If he sees me with it he'll flare like crazy and follow the camera. He moves fast, so it's almost impossible to get a good pic unless I sneak one. ;)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #13 
ScuitoAmi150

Her gravid spot or whatever it is called, seems to be bigger this week than it was when I brought her home last wednesday. But i don't see any fry eyes....hard to tell since she doesn't hold still.
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #14 
Maryrox247

Hello! I am actually a guppy breeder! Guppies dont take much to breed in fact they are known to breed in almost any condition! ( they are also called the millions fish!) Well to tell if she is pregnant her gravid spot will be VERY dark. ( or darker than normal) she will also become fatter gradually. ( by the way females will always have a gravid spot but it will only be very dark when she is preggo) By the way the gestation period is about 3 or 4 weeks. When she is about to give birth ( or is doing so) she will breather very very heavily and fast and will likely hide in a cave in the corner of the trank or by the heater. At this point ( or when she is REALLY fat) you will want to put her in a breeders net. You can feed the fry crushed flakes or special fry food! Good luck!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #15 
ScuitoAmi150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrox247 View Post
Hello! I am actually a guppy breeder! Guppies dont take much to breed in fact they are known to breed in almost any condition! ( they are also called the millions fish!) Well to tell if she is pregnant her gravid spot will be VERY dark. ( or darker than normal) she will also become fatter gradually. ( by the way females will always have a gravid spot but it will only be very dark when she is preggo) By the way the gestation period is about 3 or 4 weeks. When she is about to give birth ( or is doing so) she will breather very very heavily and fast and will likely hide in a cave in the corner of the trank or by the heater. At this point ( or when she is REALLY fat) you will want to put her in a breeders net. You can feed the fry crushed flakes or special fry food! Good luck!
Her gravid spot is dark red/brown. But i'm sure she has gotten fatter...I could just be feeding her more than my teacher was (how much flakes should you feed 2 guppies & 4 mosquito fish? I've been feeding them 1 or 2 pinches. They eat EVERYTHING.)
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote