Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 AM   #1 
metalbetta

Question Red-tipped fins?

I'm not sure how serious this is, or if this is a problem at all and I'm just being my paranoid self... But if for some reason someone is online right now that can calm my nerves that would be appreciated.

Anyway,
I just noticed about 20 minutes ago that Cameron's fins (which are normally white) have bright red tips... only on his caudal and anal fins at the moment though. The rest of his fins have taken on a slight pink tinge, but nothing very noticeable... I think I'm just crazy. He's been very active, eating normally, and being his usual self.

Before I adopted him he had a pretty bad case of fin rot, so it could be his new fins growing? I don't know. My concern is that there might be something in the water irritating him. I did a 100% water change today, I used conditioner as always, and that works fine for my other three. Whatever's going on it's freaking me out and I'm hoping he's not in pain or anything.

Picture (he wouldn't stay still long enough for a great one.):

Thanks so much for your help!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:27 AM   #2 
metalbetta

Here are a couple of more pictures of him w/ the red-tipped fins:
I brightened them up a bit so it's easier to see...

AHH what if he has fin rot again? *facepalm*... Well I just did a 100% water change... I'll keep my eye on him.

Last edited by metalbetta; 06-10-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Sudden realization of possible truth. -____-
Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #3 
dipsydoodlenoodle

It could be fin rot or something like ammonia burns
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #4 
Neelie

i have the same problem with my one. BUT i also have to say that my colored boys dont have them (same tank). so im thinking its something only transluscent fins get.... open to correction...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #5 
metalbetta

All of my bettas get the same water, same water treatment, same brands of just about everything, and it's only Cameron that might be having issues. If it is early onset fin rot, or ammonia burn (for some reason... i hope not), what do you all recommend I should treat with?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #6 
metalbetta

Looking at him today I can barely see anything on his fins. Maybe that was his way of telling me he's P.O.ed at me or stressed... He wasn't my biggest fan after last night's water change. Who knows, but I will keep a close eye on him.