Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #1 
Jakr959

Question I need something to believe in!

Ok, I need something to believe in. I tried christienity, I bored me. tried jewdism, to complicated. even tried buddism and hinduism, I stuck out like a sore thumb. So I am not sure if I should start my own religion or go by a philocity or what.
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #2 
mysquishy

In my opinion I think you should just do lots of research on many different things. I am sure sooner or later you will find something you truly believe in and enjoy. For some people it may take some time wo find what they really believe in. Good luck.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #3 
xswornxoffxjello

I believe that the Truth is what it is, that is, it's not subjective. You're looking for something. That's obvious. You're not finding it. That's obvious too. You mentioned that you've tried praying when you needed help, so how about asking God to show you who He is? That, in my opinion, is where to start.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #4 
ThePearlFish

why do you NEED to find something? you can be spiritual without having a SPECIFIC religion to believe in.

I believe there is no such thing as just one religion and there are many different ones and different gods out there and pray to god (not a specific one and not religiously) I will be like 'I hope things go well god please help me' or things like that.

But I don't believe in any one religion and don't practice any one, though I grew up for like a 1/3 of my life learning about one until my parents stopped practicing it for the most part as well.

I don't see anything WRONG in being more spiritual without practicing a religion.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

As TPF has said, you don't need to believe in something to be spiritual. I don't have any religious beliefs and I'm relatively spiritual, if that makes sense to you.
Make up your own if you find you don't "belong" in any. It might work!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #6 
Jakr959

Thanks eeryone! at first I was afried everyone would go christan on me (no offence) like when I asked the same Q on Yahoo search
Old 06-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #7 
CodeRed

Agree with TPF here. I believe in God, but not in a lot of things that belong to the Christian or Catholic religion.... for instance, I don't really believe in Hell. I don't believe that a kind and loving God would punish someone to be tortured in Hell forever. That sounds like a cruel and vengeful God. Like others say, you can be spiritual without believing in one, single religion. Odds are that no religion is totally right and true, and the reality is probably a mixture of those religions (:
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #8 
Jakr959

true
Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #9 
sjones

I'd start with a dictionary and abide by proper spelling if you need something to do that will actually improve your life, BTW I'm being serious here and am not trying to be mean.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #10 
AureliaAurita

Or you could believe in nothing. I know for people who do believe, this feels like an impossibility. But some people don't need a deity or force or anything to live perfectly happy lives as good people. I think if you live your life and don't force yourself to try and conform to different common, labeled religions, you may find that you don't need it. Or you may find your true beliefs, whether in typical religions/spiritualities or your own unique brand. The point is, just continue to live your life as the good person you are and your truth will find you.
AureliaAurita is offline   Reply With Quote