Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #21 
ThePearlFish

I am in my 1st year right now taking my core classes. after another year (Starting this fall 2010) and another summer and fall semester after that, I am going to try to transfer to a university that has a wildlife bio program. I'd prefer zoology, but the two degrees are virtually interchangeable in almost all regards except with minor things and only some have that program, but not around where I live. I want to stay close to home. I am a homebody :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #22 
JamieTron

ooooh first year classes I remember those, mine consisted of hardly any animal stuff not sure about yours lol like math, chemistry, physics etc lol

Wildlife bio would be really fun though :D I took animal science it mostly focused on domesticated animals, then I minored in aquaculture so that was cool. I can understand why you would want to be close to home. I was lucky enough my school was only 30 minutes away from my hometown. It is hard to be far away suddenly, once you hit vet school level though you will most likely be more comfortable with being further away.
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:20 AM   #23 
ThePearlFish

well, so far I have only taken a P.E. class an intro to college class (both of them mandatory..) psychology 1 & 2, bio 101, computer class english 112 (equivalent to 102) and am taking an art 101 class and algebra right now. later this summer I am also taking art 102, history 101 and a communications course.

I have to be at a certain level in math when I take my 2 chemistry and 2 calculus courses so in spring 2011 I can start my chem. then I am going to try to take one calc. in summer and the following fall along with my other chem course. I also still have another few classes to take then I'll be done. with my core classes lol, then I transfer ughhh..
Old 06-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #24 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
well, so far I have only taken a P.E. class an intro to college class (both of them mandatory..) psychology 1 & 2, bio 101, computer class english 112 (equivalent to 102) and am taking an art 101 class and algebra right now. later this summer I am also taking art 102, history 101 and a communications course.

I have to be at a certain level in math when I take my 2 chemistry and 2 calculus courses so in spring 2011 I can start my chem. then I am going to try to take one calc. in summer and the following fall along with my other chem course. I also still have another few classes to take then I'll be done. with my core classes lol, then I transfer ughhh..
oooooo wow that sounds really confusing and hard to schedule! but I am sure you will be okay so if you were not transferring would you have to still take these classes as well? So by core classes do you just mean your like first years courses essentially? My university didn't really call any classes core or anything....just like "introductory levels" and stuff ahah it was weird.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #25 
ThePearlFish

yea core classes are the ones I take before I can take the other ones, that are about my actual degree, or my freshman and sophomore ones.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #26 
kuklachica

Congrats Jamie!! That is so exciting!! Good luck!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #27 
wallywestisthebest333

Congratulations!!!!!! That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you! =D
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #28 
Feral Nature

Congrats! I went to Texas A&M and took classes in the pre-vet curriculum. But got married, had babies and ended up not finishing. Later I got my Registered Nurse degree. Vet med is a very difficult journey so hats off to you.
Feral Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #29 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuklachica View Post
Congrats Jamie!! That is so exciting!! Good luck!
Why thank you! Sorry for the late reply! :)
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #30 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
Congratulations!!!!!! That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I'm so happy for you! =D
Thankies I was so excited when I got my acceptance letter! Though none of my friends got in so that made me sad