Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #1 
bettalover2033

very bored betta:(

hey everyone,
so today ive been looking at my betta for about two hours now lol (2 hours long time huh lol) and they just look so BORED like they have nothing els better to do.

what i did was put them all next to each other and they flared for a about 2-3 minutes and then i took them apart (dont want them to get stressed) and again they looked bored but now i just dont know what to do:(.

any experiences with this? or opinions suggestions? would all do fine. also i know for a fact NEVER to put them together:)

what would you do?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #2 
creamcookie

Well, to keep my betta less bored I put a mirror up to him for about 2 min twice a day, which is fine. No more than 10 min because that will stress them out. If your bettas swim away or attack the glass wall, you should remove them from each others sight. If your tank is empty with barely anything, your betta will get bored very easily. I've noticed that my betta likes to peek into little cave decorations to see if anything is in there. Its like he doesn't recognize his tank every day and explores his surroundings.
creamcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

lol i see you have a lucky betta lol also i dont leave them flaring for more than 2-3 mins
Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #4 
ParisRose

I'm having the same problem. Napoleon just seems bored sometimes. Would it be ok to rinse a coffe mug or a toy of some type in hot water and use it as a decoration?
ParisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #5 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Shin a lazer pointer in your tank and your bettas will chase it and have fun.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #6 
creamcookie

Be careful not to point it in their eye though, (I know it hurts when pointed in my eye lol). Oh, you could wash a ping pong ball and float it on top as a toy, I've done that before.
creamcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #7 
bettalover2033

that sounds cool but i dont have one lol..

hey thats a good idea just rinse a toy in hot water then put it in :D ill try thaat

keep the suggestions coming anything else? :D
Old 06-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #8 
secuono

How big is there tank(s)? Do they have a lot of different plants and hide outs to explore?
secuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #9 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by secuono View Post
How big is there tank(s)? Do they have a lot of different plants and hide outs to explore?

unfortunately they do not have a big tank. they are all living in vases. its a very long story but i am working on the bigger tanks:(...please dont criticize:( also i have an empty ten gallon tank that i would need dividers for though but i will be getting some VERY soon
Old 06-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #10 
metalbetta

I'll just throw in the age old "finger chase"... :)
3 of my 4 love it... with Winston, it's a no-go. He looks at my finger, then looks at me, then finds something more worth his time to do.

I decorate my tanks with plants and shells and my fish (ESPECIALLY Cameron) entertain themselves day and night. Cameron is a problem solver, and swims through different routes trying to find the easiest path through the plants, Nina hides in her shells a lot, Winston is my nest builder, and Tifa swims through his plants and plays staring games with anyone who may be nearby. he likes to follow people.

When it comes to entertaining them, I like changing the layout of the area where their tanks are sitting. Placing different objects nearby their tanks for them to check out seems to work for me. Cameron gets that the most, since he's on my night stand. He was fascinated with my deodorant earlier today. ;)

Last edited by metalbetta; 06-12-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Spelling error! Woops!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote