Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #1 
bookprincess

Question Fishy Friends

Hello everyone!

So, today I got a 10 gallon tank (as a b-day present for myself) and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what would be good tank mates for my beta, Bubbles. I haven't set up the 10 gallon tank because I was told that it'd be best to cycle it (since it's a bigger tank) and Bubbles has been happily making bubbles nest for the last two weeks in his considerately tinier 2 gallon tank.

Would it be okay for me to put him in the 10 gallon? What fishy friends are okay for him to have?

I didn't think that I'd actually end up buying more fishy supplies after I had all of Bubbles' things but it's been two weeks and I can't help the fact that I want more!

Thanks for all the help,
BP
bookprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

I would cycle the tank before hand. Research how to do a fishless cycle, using ammonia. You'll need a liquid test kit. API freshwater master test kit is the best bang for your buck.

After your done cycling (about a month). You can start slowly adding fish. Good tank mates for Bettas are harlequin rasboras, corydoras cat fish, glass catfish, ghost shrimp, any species of snail. Make sure you research the individual needs of any fish you add.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #3 
bookprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I would cycle the tank before hand. Research how to do a fishless cycle, using ammonia. You'll need a liquid test kit. API freshwater master test kit is the best bang for your buck.

After your done cycling (about a month). You can start slowly adding fish.
A month of cycling is enough to do it without the fish inside? I thought it would take a lot longer to cycle. I'm not sure if I'm going to put live plants in it because it seems a little too advanced for me to do at the moment

I'm really tempted to buy some corydoras, though, since they look so cute =) I'll start the cycling tomorrow if everything is cool.
bookprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon tank, betta friends, cycling