Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #1 
ninjafish

How do you know if fin rot is healing?

Just wondering a general timeframe of how long it takes. Spice has fin rot and I've been doing 100% water changes every day + aquarium salt, and it's been 5 days so far. While he IS more active, his fins look the same, though not getting worse. How long does it take to show signs of recovery? Thanks.
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I usually start to see re-growth within 4-5 days and full regrowth depending on why it happened in the first place and how much fin damage can take months.
Sometimes the fin will not look the same or be the same color.
Keep up with the daily water changes and salt for at least 10 day and then change to daily to every-other day 100% water changes, you want to prevent secondary infection.
If in 10 days it is not better or it start to get worse you may want to do a broad spectrum antibiotic, I don't use them due to their harshness..... so I can't advise.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote