Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #1 
Neelie

moving two 30g tanks! a documentary thread lol

right folks, im moving house in the next couple of days and i have to move my 2 tanks! both 30g one has a stand, and the other is on a table that isnt mine... so i actually done know where to put it yet lol...

im putting up this thread a) to get some pointers from ye and b) to help ppl with the same task ahead! i hope lol

here is the plan anyways!

1) put fish into petshop bags, and stand the bags into 2g tanks i have, with insulation to keep them warmer. each male 1 bag, females together in 1 bag and cory's together in another.

2) use the opportunity to clean the tanks. then empty out all the water.

3) put decor and filters with original water in more 2g tanks i have. to keep the bacteria safe and wet during the trip.

4) move tanks to new house, set them up safely and give them another quick clean to get off finger prints lol. also fit the light for sorority. it'll hang off the ceiling like ere too.

5) fill with fresh treated water...
60g garden hose to the rescue!

6) add all the decor and filters and heaters etc. also add the cycling bacteria i used to cycle the tanks to start it all off again. let that run for a few hours to get temperature right etc.

7) add fish..

my new guy pippo will stay in his quarentine for a few more days though.

what do ye think? my plan any good?
i hope all goes well and nothing breaks!!!!!! ZOMG!
stay tuned...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:12 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Phew!!!! Hope everything goes OK!

I personally wouldn't add all the females to the same bag... but if you think they are fine...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #3 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
Phew!!!! Hope everything goes OK!

I personally wouldn't add all the females to the same bag... but if you think they are fine...
thank DH
i was thinking the same thing!!!! im in two minds! i wanna save myself 2 more bags of fish but i also know that one female is always being chased.... so actually i may seperate them... your right!!! thanks!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #4 
Neelie

right, OMG im dead. so damn tired after moving all the water lol... gonna post up so what i did lol.. what a hassle bout a few fish lol...

but all are well and happy till now anyways. hope it stays that way lol.

11am, got into the ol' apartment. first thing i wanted to do is feed the fish, and pack the rest of the kitchen that was still not packed..

went to the fish and found that my new guy pippo had built a gorgeous bubblenest!!!! and he's so young and tiny and i only have him for 3 days!!

so, first off i put al the fish into fish bags! didnt want to stress them while i clean and empty the tanks... i packed them all into a box with loads of bubble wrap to keep them warm and safe. left the box in the sun to keep the temp up.

then i filled two 2g tanks with the oiginal water and put all plants and filter media into it to keep bacteria safe too.

then cleaned the tanks with a sponge and emptied out the dirty water.

then i put the tanks into the back of the car and drove em to new place! set up the tanks again. first, added fresh water, with treatment and filter bacteria from a bottle lol. then added the plants and filters when the chlorine was gone and water was warm.

left it all settle for 2 hours, removing any dirt with a net temperature was perfect, water smelt and tasted as it should and PH was spot on too. so hung the bags in for aclimatising

after that; FLARE OFF in the sorority.... they are quite difficult these girls lol

will have loads of better pics up soon. i dont want to stress my fish with the flas etc... tomorrow is another day

im so glad its over!!!! *falls over and sleeps*...
Old 06-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #5 
52cherish

Wow, love your documentary. This was really good information. Not that we are planning to move...
Thanks for sharing this. Hope you and your bettas are settling in w/o any problems.
Dani
52cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #6 
Hermitpaws

Wow!!!! reminds me of moving 3 times in a 6 month time frame with 2 20gals and a 55 gal. and 55 Land hermit crabs the size of a Baseball. only difference is the fish are in water and the crabs are in sand. Glad every thing went ok!!!
Hermitpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #7 
Neelie

^^^ thanks guys!
yeah it was quite a bit of hassle... i chipped a small bit off the sorority tanks that was the only damage done. no leak of course, but it could have hurt to put the hand there lifting it... thank god my mother noticed...

SPECIAL THANKS to my mum, who did SO much work and helped me. couldnt have done it without her! she used to own a pet shop and is well able to handle fish and my mum is 59 yers old and carried the heavy tanks with me!! i wish i had her energy! thanks mum <3

all my fish are still happy and well a few hours after so i guess the water is good no stress striped either! lights are off and im gonna wait with feeding till tomorrow to avoid digestion problems.

setup in the divider now:
ghost - pippo - empty - draco - salmon - maehk

old setup:
maehk - empty - draco - empty - salmon - ghost

stay tuned for pics, tomorrow
Old 06-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #8 
Jayy

Sounds and looks great!! I can't wait to see those pics!!!!!!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #9 
Harleys Mom

wow! Im impressed! Great job!
Harleys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote