Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #21 
Jennyinurmouth

Exactly, more like a wet 2 ply piece of tissue that is soaking wet being drug and flopped around... Everything will be okay though.
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #22 
Betta Slave

Thanks. :) I think he's gonna be alright now, pretty much for sure... I was just over-reacting and freaking out o.o Panic, panic, panic...
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 AM   #23 
metalbetta

Cameron is my jumper... The rest of my fish are pretty mellow during water changes. Save for the occasional stripes and that look they give when you anger them... it's like if they didn't have fins they'd be flipping you the bird. My fish are just like me. Oh joy. -___- ...
ANYWAY... I found this out during his first water change with me. I put him in a cup just like I do with the other three, and I was busy with the tank when I started hearing little splashing sounds coming from the cup. Thankfully there wasn't enough water in the cup for him to get any height. My lids stay on 101% of the time because I'm so paranoid about them jumping out lol.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #24 
xswornxoffxjello

I'm glad Spiridon is going to get better! Yeah, I panicked too. When I first put her back in her tank, she just sort of lay at the bottom and breathed in huge, heaving gasps. I was thinking, I killed her! She's dying!!
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #25 
Greynova27

I have a story too. I was cleaning my tank when my fish jumped out onto the counter. I screamed and attempted to pick him up and then he flopped right onto the floor (also about 3 feet) and then I went to pick him up again and he flipped closer to the floor vent so I screamed, cupped my hands over him to make sure he wouldn't die and flop down... so I finally got him into my hands and put him in his water. He's fine. This was last month.
Greynova27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #26 
Betta Slave

Yeah, it's always so scary when your fishie lands on the floor! o.o'

He's building a bubblenest (bigger than he ever has before! SQUEE! XD), he's acting normal, flaring, and his fins and scales are growing back already.... He is very determined!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #27 
metalbetta

That's great to hear! ... or read. meh. same thing. Anyway yeah I'm glad Spiri is doing well!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #28 
Betta Slave

Thank you :D I can't wait until he's healed fully. It's a shame that his lovely finnage won't grow back normally though... oh, well, it's his personality that I fell in love with.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #29 
rubyfire

I got a story only not a betta fish but thought I'd share any way.

My brother and I where at Earl May looking at the fishies... All of a sudden I saw a flash fly by my brother's head out of the corner of my eye. Looked over and one of the little giant danios had jumped out. It's flopping around and I yell to my brother "pick it up pick it up pick it up.... O NO WICH TANK WAS IT IN!! O that tank hurry put it back!!" It kinda was like woh then started swimming with the others again like nothing happend.
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #30 
rubyfire

O and glad Spiri is OK ;)
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote