Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #31 
Zeetrain

Hey! Sounds like everythings going good and your havin fun with it. I wouldnt add salt because I think its not so good for the plants. The fins will heal. Oh and the whole watching them all the time thing is normal. The little girls have so much personality and are very fun to watch.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #32 
creamcookie

I hope the surgery goes well!
creamcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #33 
newfishmom

Zeetrain - the plants are all plastic and silk. I don't know if I could handle real or not. I have never attempted them. I think they really look neat in others tanks. Maybe something to try in the future? So....knowing that....would you add the salt?

Thanks for the compliments you all! I appreciate any advice or helpful hints along the way. I don't know how long I will keep this up {the journal I mean} but so far I am still nervous with the girls. I wake up every morning and check to see if I still have 6 lively girls swimming up to see me.

Last edited by newfishmom; 06-16-2010 at 10:12 PM.
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #34 
Zeetrain

i still wouldnt add salt unless they were really bad. Then maybe you might wanna seperate that one and let it hel. My girls fins healed on there own.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #35 
52cherish

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
I'm curious, did the heater come with the ten gallon? I have an aquaeon kit that came with a 50 watt heater. I have it set at 70 and the tank is 82. :/ I've been fooling with the darn thing for a month to get it settled there. Lol!
I had that issue initially with my new 50 watt Aqueon heater. I went back to check the box and there is a table listing how many degrees the water temp will rise based on room temperature. Mine kept fluctuating and getting too high when the room temp was over 75... early heatwave in NE, Instead of having the dial between 78 and 80, it is now just a notch higher than 76 degrees and the water temp stays between 78 and 82 during the curse of the day. Hope this helps.
52cherish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #36 
gahcrazy

Sororities are lots of fun. kinda creeped me out at first. I mean having all those females watching me while i got dressed in the morning. lol so now i just don't look at till i'm dressed , lol
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #37 
crownie

Love reading this thread! I absolutely love the pic of all of your girls staring at you!

My mom had her gallbladder taken out in January, and she was home like 2 hours after it was over. Unfortunately it didn't help too much, but she also has an intestinal disease. It was worth the try! I really hope it helps your son! It helped my boyfriend a lot when he had his taken out ;) Best of luck!
crownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:37 PM   #38 
newfishmom

Day #4

Left the house @ 6:15 a.m. for sons surgery. Fed the fishies. The girls seemed to look fine and all of them ate.

Home @ 5:00 p.m. Son ended up getting his appendix removed along with the gallbladder. He had a bit of a ruff time right after waking up. The anisteagia (sp) really made him sick.
Girls look ok. Singer & Chirp are hanging with each other on the bottom. Don't know whats going on there.

8:00 p.m. OH yeah, son is doing better. He has ate pop-tarts, 4 blueberry muffins & 4 strawberry muffins! This is more eating at one time that he has done for 2 months!!!

Feeding time for the fish too. Everyone acts like they are starving. Singer & Chirp take forever to come to the top to eat. They look fine, swim fine, just keep swimming back and forth looking at me.
Still not seen anyone use the hiding places. Lights Out I'm tired!
newfishmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #39 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Awesome tank!
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #40 
vaygirl

I love the new picture of the girls. They're so colorful. Glad your son is eating and doing well!! :D

@52cherish - Thank you! It was certainly when room temp was higher that I noticed a rise. I threw out the box (that'll learn me) but I'll see if I can get anything from their website.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote