Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #101 
LucyLoofa

:) that's good. I'm glad you're working on it. WallyWestIsTheBest333 is my sister, we've been sitting here re-reading this thread and we both majorly agree research is the way to go.
We're very glad you're working on it. We wish you luck with your next fish. If there are any problems be sure to pm someone who's experienced or go googlin' to find the answer.
(and sorry about my weird posts. I thought the first one didn't go through right :p not an avid forum user this is kind of new to me)
Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #102 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Im also going to get a 10gallon tank with lots of plants a filter and a bubblier for the new one.=)This will happen in about 2 months or longer if I can't find out what happend to the others.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #103 
Jayy

That sounds great!!!! I hope you find out whats been killing off your bettas.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #104 
mfskarphedin

If there is a problem with your water, you might not see it in bigger tanks that have less-frequent and smaller water changes. In a tiny tank with big changes, you'd see problems develop that were buffered by the size of the larger tanks. Get your water checked professionally.

BTW, I have short-term memory problems. Keep a journal every day of what you're doing in terms of maintenance and make physical observations of your fish. If you decide to try again. I'm keeping a journal in a thread here of treating my sick tropical fish.

Last edited by mfskarphedin; 06-17-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #105 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I now have 3 Betta books Im reading =)!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #106 
Jakr959

Yay! Now remember, NEVER listen to walmart employies trying to give you advice about keeping them. They are EVIL! All you have to do is trust all of us! Hey, where did you get the betta books? tht sounds like a good read!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #107 
LucyLoofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienbetta1 View Post
I would like to buy your male combtail how much you want for him????
I saw this post from another thread. You posted it yesterday. PLEASE don't buy another until you are ready to provide a better home for it and have done the proper research.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #108 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Jakr959 the books are from Olly's.LucyLoofa I was going to ask if they could save it for me until I get a good tank.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #109 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Maybe you're just too young to care for a betta at this point.
im sorry and everything but i just think that what you said was kind of rude. as much as i agree with you (not about the statement above), that i s really mean to say. im not trying to be the one who makes everything tense but i had to say something, i wanna say that just because she is young, doesnt mean you guys get to pick on her. i mean yea all that i have read is that EVERYONE is trying to help her and saying to do more research and basically be careful and dont buy unless your ready.

also i am 14 and i have never caused a problem on this forum and this comment alone was kind of offensive to other young members on this forum. i am just trying to say that as an adult i understand why you say that she isnt ready, but i just think that you could have said something WAY less offensive. like maybe you should wait a little big longer before you get a betta. i dont blame you for saying that its just that it really offended me (even though you werent talking to me).

thats all i wanted to say so again sorry if i made someone mad but i had to put down my personal opinion!:l
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #110 
dramaqueen
Banned

bettalover, I understand how you might think younger members might be offended by the comment metalbetta made about Alienbetta being too young to care for a betta. I'm sure metalbetta wasn't trying to be rude. Sometimes people, whether they are young or older may not be quite ready for the responsibility of a pet.I hope no one takes offense at what I just said. Sometimes, when you're young, it's easy to get distracted by school, sports, friends or whatever and pets can sometimes get neglected, not on purpose though.
Closed Thread