Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #41 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Never ever buy fish from walmart unless you ready for dead fish.=(
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #42 
mysquishy

I am so sorry to hear that

Ps all but one of my fish ae from walmart and only one of mine has died. Maybe the ones at your walmart have a sickness going around or it is your water.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #43 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I may never get a betta again and delete my name on here perhaps........................................... ....................No I still keep my name......
Old 06-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #44 
1fish2fish

I have one fish from Wal-mart that I've had for 9 months who is perfectly healthy. I also adopted out 4 fish rescued from Wal-mart who are now healthy and happy with their new owners. I've seen quite a few healthy fish at wal-mart, its only after they have been at the store a few weeks that they start to deteriorate in health.

If you feel that its the source your getting your fish from that is the problem, maybe reconsider getting them from else where.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #45 
Jennyinurmouth

Okay, I don't believe it is walmart, I look at the pics of when you FIRST get the bettas, all of them looked healthy, and then just died... I have had a lot of bettas in my lifetime, and all of my first guys were from walmart, I had two of those live 3+ years, which is pretty good, but all of them lived a relitively good time, even if they were bad off when I got them.

One thing burns me up, I know that, in a week or so, you are going to show up with another one, it could be from petco, but it will end up dying, then what are you going to blame?

Blaming everything else to avoid takeing the responsibility to see if something at YOUR home is causing them harm is ignorant and neglagent.

I would check the water, instead of ignoring the advice and having more bettas die.

Last edited by Jennyinurmouth; 06-15-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #46 
metalbetta

Thank you, Jenny.

3 of my 4 fish are wal-mart fish, who I've had since February I believe. I have yet to have any health problems with any of them.

Fish don't "explode" for no apparent reason... Check your water, and learn about proper feeding.

I don't want to be harsh, and I know you're young, but you need to learn your lessons from the past before you try for another one.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #47 
doggyhog

I agree with everyone else.

My walmart is absolutely AWFUL and out of the 6 fish I've gotten there only 1 has died when I got it.

Defiantly get your water checked!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #48 
Betta Slave

And I agree as well... get your water checked! I know a few people who have bought bettas from Walmart, and their water is horrible. They have been living for 4+ years with no problems once they were put in nice, clean, warm water. It is definitely your water that is killing your fish.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 06-15-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #49 
1fish2fish

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Your fish EXPLODED?!?!?!!? I totally missed that!

Fish do not just "explode" the only time I've heard of fish exploding where when a salt water fish was put in fresh water. Just because you got the fish from wal-mart would in no way cause it to explode.

I'm going a-googlin' to search for why a fish would "explode".

How did it explode?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #50 
metalbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienbetta1 View Post
I went to take some pics of her stress stripes but she had exploded!My skolly exploded how could it have happened?Okay I killed her trying to make her happy I fed her to much and now shes dead.Ill never getting another fish from Walmart ever again.

yeah... the only possibilities I can even think of are maybe... overfeeding BIGTIME, or a really nasty case of dropsy, but that's way out of left field.
Closed Thread