Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #1 
Phoxly

I can't do it...

After much self conflict and arguing with myself. I just can't divide my betta's home for another male. I think there is only room for one in my life, and thats Goku. I took out the divider to clean up a little and let him roam free and he just seemed so happy, and the tank looks better without the crappy dividers and the tank has a sort of "aquascape" effect going on that I want to build off of to make him a happier fish.

I might make this into a community tank with some oto's and tetras, and if I decide to divide the tank in the future, I want to do it right and make my own divider out of plexiglass and tank silicone, and do a java moss wall between them.

I know I know betta fever does weird things to people.

I know he'll be so much happier than with dividers and enemies at his sides, and the tank has more decoration options.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #2 
Jennyinurmouth

I think that is the best choice for Goku, sometime i wonder what the heck I was thinking when I got so many bettas...
I end up skimping on some and you know? Divided tanks can be beautiful, but they are pretty permanent in my case at least, and when you do take them out you gotta get sealant off of the glass or plastic in my case Dx which left it horrible looking.
I have my boys in heated 2.5 gallon tanks and 2 of the boys in heated 1 gallons, and hey build bubblenests and seem happy as they can be...
I turned the 10 gallon into a sorority tank and it is so so so much pretter aside from the marks the sealant and me scrubbing it off with steel wool made.
Plus, the individual tank let's me coorespond each tank to the betta...
How funny would it look to have a divided tank with black gravel in one section with light green plants and brown gravel in the other with red and dark green plants? it looks horrid... So individual 2.5 gallons are my favorite option.
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #3 
Phoxly

If I divide a tank I'll probably plan it better and not have a fish, plants, and sand already in it when I decide to do it. I really didn't plan at all for Goku, he was a spontaneous buy, so was the tank. So I guess if I divide another, it will be more planned and themed a little smoother. As much as I want one of the fancy halfmoons or dragons from the tropical fish store, (and I REALLY want one) I think this is for the best for now. <3
Old 06-15-2010, 12:31 AM   #4 
Jennyinurmouth

I know how you feel, There is absolutely no more room for boys in my room unless I invent some kind of hang from the cieling tanks lol
Jennyinurmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #5 
Phoxly

I think I have a serious condition. I'm betta bipolar lol. This morning I woke up and thought. "Well... Instead of a 3 way divide I could go 2... that wouldnt be so bad..."

-facepalm-

I kinda don't want to go out and buy 7 tetras right now, but I'll probably get 3 otos to start, which if my tank was divided in 2, I could have 3 on each side with a cory.

Someone save me from myself lol I had a dream about halfmoons and dragonscaled bettas, and wake up to Goku with a huuuge bubble nest in the corner closest to my bed. .___.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #6 
LucyLoofa

I know how you feel. I thought thousands of times about dividing patriot's tank but decided against it. He just seems much happier with all of his space.
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #7 
Phoxly

I had Goku divided in 3rds in his 10 gallon, which is still 3 gallons, but I took out the divider so he has the full 10 gallons again and now I'm thinkin it wouldn't hurt so bad if he just had 5. I could make a java moss wall between them and do a aquascape style.

10x10x10 is pretty good space?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #8 
LucyLoofa

I think 5 gallons is plenty of room :)
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #9 
Phoxly

I just need to come up with a good piece of driftwood that will match the other side of the tank too...
Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #10 
ThePearlFish

I am so fish bipolar too (or maybe fish adhd?? haha), I am always bouncing around thinking one thing then doing something different then going back to part of it, then making up something else :P

good luck with your tank, can't wait to see the results! :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote