Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #1 
Zenandra
Banned

I Can't Belive This!! *Major Rant*

I moved my horses to a new farm back in December, I thought it was the most wonderful farm in the world!! Well for the past couple months I've noticed that things have started to go down hill, so I began keeping an extra special eye on my horses. Then I found out from a friend that she's noticed that when the horses get fed they're only getting 1 flake of hay, the barn manager and staff disregard any special feeding instructions and use their own cheap grain anyway

I also pay $600 a month for a stall for my mare and 1/2 the time they don't put her in it, if she's out no one brings her in and if shes in no one turns her out! Everytime I questioned the barn manager I just kept getting excuses! So I started taking over their full care myself while I put out feelers for a new farm to bring them too.

Well yesterday I stumble accross an ad online for the farm. The farm is FOR SALE! It was posted like 5 days ago. And the barn manager didn't tell anyone! I also found out from one of the boarders (whose best friends with the barn managers nephew) That she owes the barn owners, the people she leases the farm from, A LOT of money, and they're suing her.

She's not going to be able to pay, every thing she has, horses included, were purchased with Credit. She's going to lose everything and get kicked out and all of the boarders are going to be left with no place to go! It's all such a huge mess!

Needless to say I'm looking for a new farm and plan on moving my horses out asap! It makes me really sad, cause I was really very close with the barn manager, she's done a lot for me, let me ride all of her horses whenever I wanted to! So I don't know how to tell her I'm leaving without hurting her and burning bridges (as my mom would say) It's all such a mess right now!!!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #2 
Alexanderismylife

Well that is just a HUGE mess!!! I hope you can find a better place to board your horses! I used to own a beautiful paint who I boarded before we moved in to our current farm and we had paid for a stall also and they NEVER put her in either!!! She ended up getting sick and that's when we moved to our farm now.....She was sold last year though.
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #3 
vaygirl

All you can do is take care of your own horses. If they're not getting the care you're paying for then you have to do what you have to do. Don't feel bad. She got herself into the mess and she'll have to deal with the consequences. It does sound like a mess. :(
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Ugh, that is a mess! You're paying $600 and she's obviously not doing her job. She should've let you know that it was for sale to give you heads up. Horse people can be such wenches, to put it nicely.lol Most of the time, all they think about is themselves. I hope you find a barn that will take care of your horses! Keep us updated.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #5 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
Ugh, that is a mess! You're paying $600 and she's obviously not doing her job. She should've let you know that it was for sale to give you heads up. Horse people can be such wenches, to put it nicely.lol Most of the time, all they think about is themselves. I hope you find a barn that will take care of your horses! Keep us updated.
Its weird, I either find that they are extremely nice or complete snobs, never a middle ground, it is so hard to tell who falls in which category sometimes. Dog and cat owners too! yeesh..

All the horsey people on here btw are very nice
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Lol yes, we're all very nice! I've found that Quarter Horse people can be the snootiest. I've been to mostly all Quarter Horse barns and I just can't stand them. Granted, they did all the huge AQHA shows and thought they were all that. When I started driving Saddlebred's and a Standardbred, I found those kinds of people were just whacky.lol It's so funny how with different breeds of horses, you get different personalities of people. :P
Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #7 
AnimeFish

That sucks about your barn. Can't blame you for being upset. I would be to if I'm paying $600 for a stall and they are not doing what I want.

A barn that I was at was for sale. I left because I didn't know what the new owners would do if and when it was sold. They could kick us out or jack up the prices, the list was endless. I left as soon as I could. I was afraid that I couldn't find anywhere to board if something happened to the barn on short term notice. Thats what I told my barn owner and she understood.

As for the barn manager I will tell her that you saw the ad and you are not comfortable knowing what the barns future would be in the coming months. Especially winter will be around the corner before we know it.

As for snotty horse people. Any kind of breed of horse people can be snotty from what I experienced. Doesn't matter the breed as much is just what you do with them.

Sorry if this offends any show horse people out there. But most of the time I find them to be the snottiest. Been a few shows myself (local Western and English) and I can't believe how people can be so nasty to other people behind their back. Even at stupid fundraiser shows!!
AnimeFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Yeah, they can be really snotty. I showed a lot, but I wasn't one of them. The barn owners would always talk about other people and their horses all the time, not even caring who was around us...it used to get me so mad. Everyone has their own technique and you can't judge people on how they were trained because to them that's how it's supposed to be. I've been to about 5 barns and they all do things differently, so I would have to re-train myself. The Saddlebred barn that I was at was so amazing, the trainer truly cared about the horses. He would use the gentlest technique with them whereas most Quarter Horse people that show flip their horses. I'm not saying all, but most of them here do it. When I owned my second horse a guy offered to flip him because he was giving us some trouble (he was only 3 so obviously he was a little green) and I said absolutely not. I heard that a guy I knew who was a trainer flipped a horse and killed it. Poor horse...
Old 06-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #9 
Zenandra
Banned

I agree about how horse people tend to fall into the 2 extremes of either being totally awesome, friendly and helpful or being totally snotty and stuck on themselves!! I'm going to be splitting up my 3 horses which will be hard, Amber is going on a 6 month free lease, they're picking her up tomorrow. The mini is going to my old farm (I left cause there was no indoor and I hated not being able to ride in the winter, but it's a fabulous farm) they have 2 other mini's so he'll have friends and he'll be spoiled!! And I'm moving Liberty to a new farm called Willow Hill at the end of the month. It has an indoor, outdoor, 4 barns, a 10 acre hunt course, trails, every thing, and I've only heard wonderfully nice things about the farm and the people there! So I'm glad to have things sorted out!!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #10 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That's great to hear! I'm glad everything worked out. :)