Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #41 
BlueHaven

I named mine Thai because he looked like one and cause they are origionally from Thailand.
I also picked Thai because I would love to travel outside the U.S.; other countries fascinate me, so it made me think of adventures and his personality seems to fit.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:42 PM   #42 
Euphie101

Euphrates - Name of a river in ancient Mesopotamia. I actually named him because my best friend's fish is named Tigris (another similar river in ancient Mesopotamia) so I thought it would be cute to give them matching names. :p Euphrates ended up being to tedious to say so I call him Euphie. =D
Euphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #43 
Rockandrollgirl09

I have 5 Bettas currently and there names are:

Kaido---Little Dragon
Akio--- Bright Boy
Kamakaze---- My brother Named him
Zeus--- After the God
Kimani--- Butterfly
Rockandrollgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #44 
asukabetta

Blueberry- I thought it was cute and he does have berry like colors, red and blue

Cheshire - the cat from alice in wonderland :D just thought it was fun to call him that, and pandora hearts

Gary- My nerite snail, named after spongebob's pet snail.

Nameless - yeaaah I couldn't think of anything for my other snail

Mr.gobbles and cobbles - they aren't mine, they are a pair of baby otos I'm caring for a friend while he settles down from moving. However since they didnt have names yet, I was allowed to name them for my trouble lol.

Yuri - was my rescue betta that died shortly after, his name meant "lily" in japanese, it was my bad he ended up with a girl's name, I thought he was a girl until I discovered he was just a plakat HM.

-----
Non fishy names:

Hamlet - I know it's not a fish, but its the name of my new robo hamster. Was reading shakespear at the time lol.

Pen - was my russian dwarf hamster, named after the penguin from neongensis evangelion

Yuna - was my rescue kitten, barely a week old, didn't last beyond 2 weeks, it's hard to keep a sick kitty alive for so long without the mother

Squirtel - was my turtle and first pet ever, though he is no longer with me, pokemon trend was in at the time 1998.

Last edited by asukabetta; 10-22-2012 at 11:22 AM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #45 
Maddybelle

Most of mine are named after astronomical stuff:
Nova - salamander HMPK (RIP)
Quantum Singularity - red copper DeT
Quasar - orange OHM
Solstice - cellophane HM female
Equinox - orange VT
Steve - blue grizzle VT: he just looked like a Steve. =)
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #46 
whiskandbowl

Powerball- I had been thinking about getting another betta since my BF's betta Mikey died a few years ago. I send him a picture of Powerball asking him what he thought of him (he has such pretty colors "Want another betta?". He replied that he'd rather have a Powerball ticket. Well, I got the fish instead and named him powerball.

Stumpy- named because someone at work (grr) put him in with a female betta and guppies and they tore his fins off. He looked like a female. They're growing back good now though.
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #47 
MyRainbowBettaFish

honeycomb: yellow with black pineappling :)
Casper: he was white/cellophane like a ghost when i bought him, but now, after 2 weeks he has already marbled tremendously!!!

Caspers full name: Sir Casper da Marshmallow :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote