Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #11 
Welsh

I havent stopped watching mine today, I'm like a little child lol
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #12 
wallywestisthebest333

Hey did you get yours from a pet shop or online? I'm thinking of ordering shrimp as I just got paid... The reason I ask is that my petsmart only has ghost shrimp. =[ I want yellow shrimp, grass shrimp, cherry shrimp, and blue tigers! =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 06-18-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Forgot Perry
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #13 
Welsh

I got them from my pet store. 6 for 3, not cheap but wayyyyy cheaper than ordering online IMO. I was looking to get them off ebay but the delivery was more expensive than the actual shrimp lol.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #14 
Welsh

I just ate some muscles and have about 20 shells. I need to boost my calcium levels in my snail/shrimp tank, at the moment the PH is 7.4 and apparently this isnt strong for the snails since their shells are still cracking and snapping. What I want to know is will this work? If so how long will it take? and lastly, how many should I use?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #15 
Oldfishlady

I have never used shells but I don't see why they wouldn't work, you can also use a very small piece of cuttle bone used for pet birds.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #16 
Welsh

I have had cuttlebone in there for about a week, I hear shells are high in calcium but i'm not brave enough to try it without feedback first lol knowing my luck the PH levels will go through the roof lol
Old 06-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #17 
Welsh

I was also wondering if I go with the colour black for the substate in the shrimp/snail tank can I use Exo terra sand which is used for reptiles. The inverts in the tank are 2 apple snails and 3 red cherry shrimp
Old 06-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #18 
Welsh

Since last night I have noticed a rancid smell coming from the shrimp/snail tank I'm pretty sure its a mix of the cabbage leaf and sand which is underneath the gravel. I want to take all the gravel and sand out to have a bare bottomed tank but it would mean taking the water out too, my question is will the clean tank re-cycle and kill my shrimp?
Old 06-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #19 
Welsh

I just got my shrimp today all 20 healthy and alive but they are mixed sizes some have clearly just been born and are tiny, I'm not sure how to look after the little fry I haven't put them in with the others because I want to keep an eye on them so they are floating in a tub. What I want to know is, what do I feed them?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #20 
Oldfishlady

I care for the shrimpletts the same as I care for the adults, also the adults are not known to eat their young.
If you are keeping them in their own tank (no fish) then I would add them to the species only shrimp tank and let them grow up and enjoy...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote