Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #11 
PBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta novice View Post
thats kinda bad to put stickers on your tank and ummm sasuke or blood
Does it bother them? They where going on the outside. I may not do that then. I will going looking around the forum for info.

Thank you for all your help so far. They are in five gallons and 2.5 gallons because of the forum i bought meals worms a couple of snails and a few other things their tanks are not that great yet only because I am going to have to clean all their new rocks and hidey wholes and such.

I have to go research the best way to clean them.

But yes thank you for the quick response.
PBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #12 
beta novice

your welcome anytime anything for a fellow betta lover btw snails reproduce like crazy dont get them
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #13 
PBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta novice View Post
your welcome anytime anything for a fellow betta lover btw snails reproduce like crazy dont get them
I was told that I only got one snail per tank. I don't think they are self breeders maybe I need to find that out to.

LOL It seems like you can never learn enough
Old 06-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #14 
PBJ

What kind of camera do you have and how did you get such a good picture of your betta?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #15 
beta novice

i use a canon powershot A480 and i used my light from my 55 put it on top of my bowel and took pics
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #16 
FireKidomaru

I rele like your fishies! I have ways been a fan of red and purple bettas! O and just so you know 2.5 gallon tanks are just fine for bettas just make sure you give them a little cover with plants. Good luck resisting the betta addidiction!
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #17 
Oldfishlady

I agree, 2.5g is fine as long as you are dedicated to making the needed water changes.
I don't see why stickers on the outside of the tank would be a problem either, the sticker type thermometers are used all the time without issue, its your tank you decorate it how you like.

Most snails are fine, its a personal choice, I like snails and mine have a job in my tanks and part of my little ecosystem I create in a glass box. The common type snails like ramshorn, pond and trumpet can reproduce pretty fast and get out of control especially if you over feed.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #18 
vaygirl

They look beautiful! And stickers are fine. In fact, mine are generally interested in anything outside their tank. Coffee cups, spoons, red bull cans, you name it, they check it out. The more interesting their environment, both inside and out, the better off they are. It sounds like you're off to a good start! Welcome to the forum! :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #19 
FireKidomaru

Yes I also agree! Stickers are fine! Anything you put around their tanks is your choice! O and welcome to the forum
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #20 
JKfish

Quote:
Veil(VT)

They both are the same and I saw VT on there section of tanks. But had no idea what that meant. I did research on housing and feeding but not on breeds need to go research that.
a veil tail is the most common type of tail you'll find in petstores. Here is a good list of different types of tails and colors http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=29868
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote