Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #1 
Hermitpaws

Question Which Should i get??(tanks)

hi im looking for a new tank for Lona, Cuz the one that cracked yesterday is still leaking. i currently have a hex which koi is kept in and was thinking maybe i should get her the same thing, here the link:

http://www.petco.com/product/109841/...t=FishFC_Tanks

i would take out the tube in the back and replace it with a filter/airstone like i have done in koi tank. come to think of it my parents would kill me if i got another one of these...( i had 2 before and sold them)

Or should i just get her a medium vase or just a regular 2 gallon tank? ( she is only 1.3 inches long.)
Any ideas or other tank ideas are welcome as long as there under $30.00
i won't be able to get the tank until next week(Monday) until then shes in one of my moms vases( got yelled at for using it)
any thing helps. thanks.
Hermitpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #2 
dr2b

I'm not a huge fan of hexagon shaped tanks. I found them to be very reflective. My boyfriend uses this tank with some of his fish: http://www.aquariumguys.com/explorerii.html (don't let the price scare you away lol)

It works well, it has the normal Marineland filter in it (the same one used in the 5 gallon Marineland tanks). You can them for $15 on ebay brand new still in the box.
I've also heard Aqueon Minibows are good tanks too. They are around 2 gallons also.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #3 
Hermitpaws

Well i got yelled at i bought the hex 2 gallon.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #4 
RandomFish

LOL! At least the yelling's over...now let the fun times begin. :D Hope you post pics! I love the look of hexagonal tanks.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #5 
peaches3221

DO NOT BUY THAT TANK! under gravel filters are really just an aeration system that sends any dirt to the bottom of the tank, making it appear clean when it's not. unless it has a carbon cartridge, don't buy under gravel filters. my betta lives in a half gallon kritter carrier thing. i chanage it weekly and the nitrate and nitrite alaways come up zero on the test. bettas don't need a filter, but if you want one, go with this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/10291810
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #6 
Hermitpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches3221 View Post
DO NOT BUY THAT TANK! under gravel filters are really just an aeration system that sends any dirt to the bottom of the tank, making it appear clean when it's not. unless it has a carbon cartridge, don't buy under gravel filters. my betta lives in a half gallon kritter carrier thing. i chanage it weekly and the nitrate and nitrite alaways come up zero on the test. bettas don't need a filter, but if you want one, go with this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...-Pets/10291810
Sorry i all ready got it. any how the under gravel filter was broken when i got it so i got a discount. and i dont use under gravel filters.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #7 
nono

at the petco where i live they have ten gallons for just 10 bucks it doesnt have a filter nut i dont have to change the water much
nono is offline   Reply With Quote