Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #1 
Woodstock

Smile Friends for Woodstock

My boyfriend has had his Betta fish for a little over a year now, just in a small bowl. He is the perfect little guy, loves to watch people. Friendly and a great traveler when we have to move somewhere. We already have a 10 gallon salt water tank, and just bought a 20 gallon for fresh water fish. We want to move Woodstock into it because well we would love to see him have more room. But we bought the tank so we could do a nice collection of fish. I have been reading up a bit on it. But I still wanted to ask somewhere what people thought the best fish we could put in there with him, before we decided if we should actually put him in the big tank or not. I really want a couple of cleaner fish of some kind. Any suggestions?
Woodstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #2 
Adastra

You could get a school of white cloud mountain minnows, they tend to be less nippy than most schooling fish and though they prefer colder water, they should be fine at the high end of their temperature range. Pygmy corydoras are a given, they need to be kept in schools of at least six, but are very cute and unlikely to illicit any aggression from your betta. Kuhli loaches are also very interesting fish that need to be kept in groups of 6. They are largely nocturnal, but I love watching them, they are very interesting fish. African dwarf frogs are another interesting candidate, they are better off if you can get more than one since they are a social species, although they are notoriously difficult to feed in a community setting.

Please research each fish you consider buying separately--understanding the needs of every species is invaluable to their care.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #3 
beta novice

platies mollies
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote