Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #1 
JKfish

Should I get this?!?! :D

I've had horrible luck finding live plants for my cycling aquarium, so until I find some good ones, I've resorted to silk plants. I've been looking around a lot of different petstores, but there aren't any of the plants I'm looking for :P But, you won't believe this; I found a group of live plants from sears.com, and it has some of the plants I want, and some that look really cool :D

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...No=2&blockType=

It's a bit expensive, but it's the least expensive of the three options that came up from this : http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_1...17=java%20fern , and it looks like it has some great plants. Once I scrape together enough money, and I get the tank cycled and the fish and shrimp settled in, do you think it's worth it? I'm hoping if I decide to buy it, that the plants will come in good condition, but there's no garentee.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #2 
Hermitpaws

ummmm i d say you can try but lets face it it SEARS a Appliance store!!!! not a fish store. the chance of the plant come to your door step alive......are ... well ... who knows. in my opinon id say no don't do it.
Hermitpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #3 
RandomFish

Nice find! The price (with shipping) seems to be on par with what's being offered on aquabid. Plus you can probably contact Customer Service and return it if you're not happy with them.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #4 
JKfish

Hermit paws: good point. But, I was looking around, and some of the stuff they ship is from different brands, but still a good price.

Random Fish: Thanks. I'll probably look into buying this just a bit more before making a final decision
Old 06-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #5 
mjbn

Hermitpaws that IS true, it is an appliance store, but if you go to the link and see the SELLER it is NOT being sold by sears, a company is advertising their products on sears. You could take a look at the company's website JKfish and see if reviews/ratings are high and if it is legitimately reliable. Remember it is NOT sold by sears.
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #6 
Adastra

I highly recommend this site: http://www.plantedaquariumscentral.c...-Plants_c6.htm

The plants always come very well packaged, you will be surprised by the amount of packaging used. The plants are of a high quality and the seller is such a nice lady! She will usually give you a little extra, too. :)
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #7 
JKfish

Mjbn: okay, I'll do that :)

Adastra: thanks for the link, I'll have to talk to my mom and see if I can't order some :)

Tags
buy, live plants, sears