Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #1 
Zenandra
Banned

The Official Local LFS Buy/Sell Thread!

Ok this is how this will work. There are lots of stores around that are starting to carry more "exotic" bettas, Petco especially!! Since there are a lot of people who don't have access to these nice fish, and can't afford the often outrageous price of aquabid fish, this will be another way to aquire some nice fish!

If there is a specific fish you are looking for please tell us Gender, Color, Tailtype and any other details. Please also include your zip code so people can calculate shipping.

Please also include some sort of time frame, meaning... If you want this fish but can't pay for it for 2 weeks, please say so, so no one is running out that day and buying you a fish.

Please note that you will probably be paying anywhere from $10 - $20 for one fish, including shipping, which is MUCH cheaper then most bettas on Aquabid!

If someone buys you a fish and you fail to pay the person who bought the fish can resell it to someone else after holding it for one week and receiving no payment.

Any other rules or thoughts you think need to be added??

Lets get going!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #2 
Tinthalas Tigris

This is a likable idea, but it needs paypal in order to work properly.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #3 
ninjafish

I'm excited, I hope this will work out well. I'll take a gander at the Petco bettas next time I'm there. :)
ninjafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #4 
a123andpoof

I hope this works and can convince my mom to let me do it once my tank is up and running. Want a black Male crowntail so bad lol
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #5 
Zenandra
Banned

Yes paypal is preferred. But checks and money orders work too. Just take a bit longer!
Zenandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #6 
ninjafish

123poof, I sometimes see black melano crowntails (I think that's the correct term) at my Petco. I'll have to check for you. :) They're the ones that aren't completely black, but have a bit of light blue in the tail.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #7 
xswornxoffxjello

Maybe instead of ordering specifics, we could do a kind of "report" thing--that is, if you go to a pet store and find a lot of gorgeous fish, say that you've seen a marble crowntail, etc.
I have a bad feeling that this isn't going to help me. :) I have no more room and no available space.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #8 
Learn To Fly

My LPS sometimes has PKs or other special fish, the fish in my avatar came from there. Also there was a little black female recently, etc. Don't know if my parents will let me ship so I'll have to ask but if you live near you could always pick up. I definitely need to ask my parents.

What they normally don't have is HMs or DTs, DBTs, SD but mostly VTs and CTs. Also I have a Petsmart which I haven't been to in quite a while (hopefully going on Friday) so I have no idea what they have. Anyway I can look around for fish for people.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #9 
ninjafish

I think the report thing is a good idea. Even take some pictures with your cell phone or something if none of the employees are looking. xD
Old 05-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

My LFS had some REALLY nice colored Veils the other week. They also had dragon veils (one of which was a copper). They also had 2 Kings (aka "round tails") but at $20 I don't think they're worth it.

Here's an example of the dragons they had (they only had 3 when I was there). My guy Alexander...

My petsmart sometimes has some really nice looking CTs or female VT. Mostly they have a lot of blue VT. I did see a combtail VT a few weeks ago.. he was really pretty.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote