Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #11 
xswornxoffxjello

A betta can *live* (read: survive) almost anywhere (that's why they're kept in cups at the pet store). But really, just because you CAN live in your car day and night, winter and summer, doesn't mean you would, would you? The bowls at petstores that are marketed directly at bettas are plain ridiculous.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #12 
Mizzle

All of my bettas lived in 1g bowls for around 6 months before I finally upgraded them to a larger divided aquarium. They seemed really happy and were just as healthy and active in the bowls as they were in the aquarium. I kept my bowls nicely decorated while trying to give them the most swimming space possible.

I don't think its wrong or cruel to keep them housed in a bowl, though it would be better to have them in a larger aquarium. Anything is better compared to the cups they live in at the stores.
Mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta fish bowl