Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #1 
FireKidomaru

Question suggested betta buying sites

i know aquabid is everyones favorite but i just cant afford the bettas on there and the shipping requirements.... does anyone know of other places to buy bettas online that are a little cheaper? if you do please post the URL so i can go look... thanks a bunch! So far i know of one and thats www.bettysplendens.com
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #2 
Felessan

i don't but bettas online...i like to meet the fish at a store
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #3 
FireKidomaru

i prefer that as well but im looking for more of the really fancy bettas which my petco does not carry
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #4 
beta novice

www.ebay.com
www.craigslist.com
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #5 
LMac54

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta novice View Post
Ebay is extremely limited. I just tried looking up bettas there, and there are hardly any.

Craigslist is the least reliable.

I'm also curious about good sites to buy bettas from. Online is a good place to find actual breeders that will breed beautiful bettas, so I know your pain with searching through stores like PetSmart and Petco. I've been trying to look for a real pretty female, but no luck.
LMac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #6 
FloridaBettas239

Good site to buy

Hey i see your looking for some where to buy bettas with out getting nasty pet store stock or paying 100 dollars just for shipping on aquabid and someone threw the name bettysplendens around and i got to say victoria stark is her name she is awesome she ship's in a box that is insolated and well packed all fish are double bagged i just no her from talking in emails but she is who i bought my starter stock from and i have a set of F2 fry right now real nice blue marble halfmoons anyway i wouldnt be scared one bit to order from her
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #7 
Jakr959

Well, here is a good place! just post up your bettas and people may buy them. I know I saw another thread that was selling there bettas
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #8 
LMac54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakr959 View Post
Well, here is a good place! just post up your bettas and people may buy them. I know I saw another thread that was selling there bettas
I think this thread is concerning the BUYING/ADOPTING of bettas, not selling them. But thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBettas239 View Post
Hey i see your looking for some where to buy bettas with out getting nasty pet store stock or paying 100 dollars just for shipping on aquabid and someone threw the name bettysplendens around and i got to say victoria stark is her name she is awesome she ship's in a box that is insolated and well packed all fish are double bagged i just no her from talking in emails but she is who i bought my starter stock from and i have a set of F2 fry right now real nice blue marble halfmoons anyway i wouldnt be scared one bit to order from her
Does she have a website?
LMac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #9 
FloridaBettas239

bettysplendens

Sorry her web site is bettysplendens.com she has really nice fish and if your going to get into breeding its not about just seeing how many fry you can make or grow you want to better the fish you dont just play around ask your self what your doing it for and make sure you have places for them when they get older and i hope its not money because bettysplendens will tell you also but by the time i pay my electric bill and water bill and fish food and boxes and fish bags and everything else you get the point theres not much money there might be 6 month i just break even on my cost i do it because i love bettas and i want to put good betta stock out there not just breed this fish with that fish so i can sell as many as i can and not worry about what they look like that might be ok for you but not the fish i like to let people no what real bettas are and give them the right information not tell people they can live in a cup anyway if you need any help let me no here is my e mail florida_bettas@yahoo.com
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #10 
mysquishy

I got one betta from BettySplendens too. She was not too easy to communicate with at first because she was not answering my questions in full but eventually we got things settled and I love my black copper I got from her. She is doing 50% off right now which is awesome! Good luck. Sometimes on the forum ultimate bettas breeders sell their bettas on there. www.ultimatebettas.com Check out the breeder threads and the classified section. I know there are females and a few males looking for homes.

Last edited by mysquishy; 06-29-2010 at 02:31 PM.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote