Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #31 
Sicklidae

Did anyone read about the first one?

"It features three independent compartments that safely separate your bettas while their close proximity prompts them to intensify their colors, spread their fins and flair their gills for a delightful and colorful display."

That's messed up......

Oh, and I actually know people who put fish in tiny containers because they just don't care. My ex's family for example... 5 neon tetras, 5 mollies, 2 oto cats, and 3 danios in a 5 gallon tank. I told them it was wrong. They just didn't care, it was for the 6 year old, and she wanted those fish, so she got them. I told them that the fish would die, and they said they could just buy new ones, WTH?

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-03-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Sicklidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #32 
Sarada

A Canadian breeder I contacted about shipping said that I can have all kinds of fish added to my 5 gallon with my male Betta and that if I wanted to purchase the Betta I was interested in he would be find in a 1/2 gallon container :/ Glad I know better.

So ya, not ordering from him.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #33 
Sinamongal

Sadly I made the same sad mistake with the lil glass bowls when I first started off. Then I joined forums and learned proper care. I really hate this one in particular!!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Penn-Plax-...-1-ct/10450861
It's horrible enough for a betta even though it's labeled for the use of one. As if that's not bad enough,I watched two teenage girls get this set up,rocks,water conditioner,and 2-3 baby comet goldfish and walmart sold it all to her. I was so beyond peeved! Goldfish get huge,need oxygen,and create alot of waste!
Sinamongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #34 
TheJadeBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinamongal View Post
It also leaks, badly after a month or two of use.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #35 
reptileboy

i feel horrible seeing that stuff. my first betta joey lived in a tank that was maybe 1/4 a gallon. then i got a female and divided it in half. they appeared happy but i didnt know they hated it. both bettas had barley enough room to make a 360 degree circle.
reptileboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #36 
reptileboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklidae View Post
Did anyone read about the first one?

"It features three independent compartments that safely separate your bettas while their close proximity prompts them to intensify their colors, spread their fins and flair their gills for a delightful and colorful display."

That's messed up......

Oh, and I actually know people who put fish in tiny containers because they just don't care. My ex's family for example... 5 neon tetras, 5 mollies, 2 oto cats, and 3 danios in a 5 gallon tank. I told them it was wrong. They just didn't care, it was for the 6 year old, and she wanted those fish, so she got them. I told them that the fish would die, and they said they could just buy new ones, WTH?

i agree people don't seem to care because "they're just fish". ok, so its a fish, it still has needs and desires. i read that they can even get depressed.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #37 
reptileboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinamongal View Post
Sadly I made the same sad mistake with the lil glass bowls when I first started off. Then I joined forums and learned proper care. I really hate this one in particular!!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Penn-Plax-...-1-ct/10450861
It's horrible enough for a betta even though it's labeled for the use of one. As if that's not bad enough,I watched two teenage girls get this set up,rocks,water conditioner,and 2-3 baby comet goldfish and walmart sold it all to her. I was so beyond peeved! Goldfish get huge,need oxygen,and create alot of waste!

thats the same exact tank i used for my first two bettas when i was a kid. i feel like crap for doing that.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #38 
kitten_penang

the whole flaring up stuff to exercise the fins is bull crap.. the fish get bored and tired after a while.you'll end up with a fish hat fins get stuck together.always give the fish exercise a few minutes at a time and let it rest i between especially if your tank doesnt have O2
kitten_penang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #39 
bettakeeper91

I feel so guilty! I have my first betta right now and she lived in a little 1/2 gallon silver bowl showed above. I just got her a 2 gallon today and I am waiting for the bubbler to kind of circulate the conditioner right now. Sooo excited! I will never again support those cruel bowls. Maybe for hospital tanks, but not full-time living. Bettas need over a gallon to "thrive" not just "survive".
bettakeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #40 
Sherleelee

Location: I now live in Vic, Australia but from Alberta Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryrox247 View Post
I was looking online for tank dividers for my 20 gallon when i saw this! It is supposed to house THREE bettas in this small little tank! Even if it is divided there is no room for a good heater or filter AND no room for any decor! I just cant stand it when i see something like this up for sale.
here it is: http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS...obettaaquarium
Thats what my current spilt tank is suppose to look like but split in 4!!!
realllly wanna punch the people who come up with these plans!
Sherleelee is offline   Reply With Quote