Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #1 
Lion Mom

Seachem NutriDiet Mealworms

Anybody ever try these? They sound a ton better than freeze dried!!! Just ordered some since the worst that can happen is I have to feed them to my larger cichlids.

Seachem NutriDiet Mealworms 34 grams

Seachem NutriDiet Mealworms is the ideal solution for feeding a natural diet to fresh and saltwater fish. It is perfect for the aquarist seeking variety or an alternative to pelleted foods. Mealworms, in particular, are an excllent choice for cichlids. Studies have shown that mealworms can be used to condition large cichlids for breeding. The unique packaging process of NutriDiet Mealworms locks in moisture and nutrients making it more palatable and more nutritious than freeze dried mealworms.

Directions

Feed as much food as fish will consume in one feeding (1 to 2 minutes). If extra food remains, then feed less. Refrigerate after opening.

Ingredients: whole farm raised mealworms (Tenebrio molitor). Refrigerate after opening. Not intended for human consumption.

Guaranteed Anlaysis
Crude Protein, min 17.0%
Crude Fat, min 5.0%
Crude Fiber, max 1.0%
Crude Ash, max 3.0%
Moisture content, max 70%
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #2 
JKfish

cool, I bet if they're small enough, your betta will love them. If they are live, you could gut-load them to make them even more nutritious for your bettas :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

No, I don't get the impression they are live - just not freeze-dried.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

Just found an on-line review for these products & WOW - glad I ordered!!!

10/15/2009

Review: Seachem NutriDiet Wet-Packed Foods

It's not often that I'm a 'fanboy' of anything or anyone - heck, I will point out how bad a product is, even if it's given to me! However, when something or someone has consistently made quality products for a long period of time, I can be converted. Seachem has been making superb aquarium products for as long as I've been in the hobby (nearly twenty years), and their latest Nutridiet foods are no exception.

Nutridiet is Seachem's first foray into the fish food arena, and they've made a novel approach: taken the nutritional value and appeal of wet foods, and combined it with the convenience of freeze-dried foods. I'm a big fan of feeding, (and since I make a living from marine animals!) marine livestock feeding is something I have to take seriously. Seachem was nice enough to send over a big fat goody box that included a ton of their new food, so I thought I'd share the love!

Nutridiet comes in a spiffy catfood-style can with a resealable lid, and offers the following foods (all wet-packed): river shrimp, fish eggs, mealworms, waxworms, fly larvae, and a betta food mixture. Most of these make a great staple for freshwater carnivores (cichlids especially), and one will definitely stand out to the reef hobbyist: the fish eggs.

http://blog.captive-aquatics.com/cap...nutridiet.html