Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #11 
vaygirl

Yeah, Judge Judy. I love her. She yells at stupid people and that's awesome.

I thought it fit. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #12 
beta novice

lol it does and good point
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #13 
Alienbetta1
Banned

I hope someone steals his bettas and takes geed care of em.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #14 
mysquishy

That is horrible! My aunt used to have bettas and she always kept them in the cups they came in! I couldn't believe it. Once she decided to put them in a tank together and left them to live like that. Thankfully they didn't kill each other. They just chose sides and stayed on their side. She is dumb about a lot of stuff though.
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #15 
Jakr959

Whoa, Novice that was a little harsh hoping they all die. . . but it was better the second time
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #16 
JKfish

Seesh, I almost pity the idiot, because he'll probably never get to see a truely beautiful happy, healthy betta. But, that's really sad that he would do that to his bettas, that's like animal cruelty. Poor bettas :/
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #17 
FireKidomaru

I would like to slap him silly! Well not rele cause that's violent.... But honostly... Who would do that to a beautiful creature.... I wanna steal his fishies and give them love and big tanks and their own space....
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #18 
RandomFish

How stupid does he have to be to not do a basic Google search on why his bettas might be losing their tails?? It's like they think they know everything and assume idiotic things. And then when you try to show them a little guidance out of pity for the ones who are suffering from it, they see it as a battle of wills.

Yeah, it's really annoying at the very least. Especially ignorant people buying bettas from ignorant people.

My M-I-L is the one who got me interested in bettas, because she kept giving them to us since she has a bunch of them herself. I've tried giving her heated aquariums but she doesn't use them. None of her fish are thriving. She likes how they look but doesn't know much about them and won't accept my help.

A few days ago she saw the beautiful 10-gallon in our living room, which I'm cycling for my Aquabid purchase, so the next thing we know, she brings us a half-starved betta fish she bought from some stupid person who kept it wallowing in an inch of water in a tiny cup. I guess she was expecting me to stick it in the 10-gallon full of ammonia because she was surprised that I put it in an x-large kritter keeper in our bedroom upstairs. The poor thing was so weak that I didn't think he can handle all the activity/traffic going on downstairs, not for a while.

I told her that it seems to me that the woman she bought the betta from does not feed her stock, and that she probably doesn't want to waste money on fish food. My MIL laughed awkwardly.

(In hindsight, the betta probably didn't have enough room in the inch of water to maneuver himself to the food, and that's probably why there was waste and disintegrated food in the water. He has an appetite; he ate the pellets I gave him right away.)

He seems a lot better today. He's not as scared of me and he's shyly patrolling his new 7-gallon home. I'm keeping it partially covered in towels so as not to spook him, but he keeps peeking out through the uncovered part to see what I'm up to lol.

I really hope she doesn't buy another fish. I can make room for one more by dividing the new guy's tank but I dislike supporting ignorant people who sell bettas.

Last edited by RandomFish; 06-26-2010 at 12:51 PM.
RandomFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #19 
beta novice

whos this person
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #20 
Shmed

Angry ugh...

They call them siamies fighting fish for a REASON!!!
Shmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta care, rant