Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #11 
Adastra

Just keep in mind that white substrate starts to look icky really fast. Brown diatoms on white sand = ew. It just looks dirty and it's difficult to clean off. Something to keep in mind if you're considering a light colored sand. I have either natural (various brown quartz) gravel, or natural black gravel (flourite sand and eco complete) and I love the look--really makes the fish pop, especially fish with metallic scales or iridescence.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #12 
Zoelie

Okay so I just got back from my shopping trip! :D I ended up spending LESS than I had intended and got MORE! I didn't even go to petco as originally planned, but instead of everything from Meijers! I bought a 5 gallon tank for $14 less than the 2.5 I was going to get at petco, and I also got a really nice heater on sale for about $12. My tank also comes with a white rock formation, so I got the white plants, black gravel and teal stones. I will post pictures when I get it set up!
Zoelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #13 
mjbn

damn that sounds like a good store.. i wish they had one of those over in california. hah expensive over here
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #14 
Zoelie

I think I just hit it lucky..a new tank must have been meant to be for Apollo :D
Old 06-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #15 
Maryrox247

LUCKY! Pics pics pics!!!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #16 
Zoelie

give me like 45 minutes and I will post some :D I have to go pick up my car (it just got done being fixed) and I just had a minor setback as I don't have enough outlets in my room...I have to go buy a power strip quick! ^^
Old 06-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #17 
Maryrox247

Ha ha! Been there done that with the outlet thing! I remember when i got my 20 gallon we are halfway done setting it up and when we are going to plug the filter heater and light in BAM not enough space on our first power strip so we bought the second one! Can't wait for pics!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #18 
Zoelie

Here it is!! :D I ended up not putting the rock hide-y cave it came with because the holes were waaaay too small and he would probably get caught in them, and also the edges were really rough, almost sharp :( Hopefully I can find something else cool to put in for him eventually ^^

I hope he loves it when I put him in later :D
Old 06-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #19 
sjones

yeah. those lotus flowers are sooo tempting but I passed on them too because of the spikey-ness, at my LFS they are marketing them for bettas :(
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #20 
Maryrox247

OMG! I love it!! Nice decorating by the way!