Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 
Betta Slave

Question Good Horror Movies?

So this Friday I'm inviting some friends over for a horror-movie marathon as a year-end party! I'm excited, because I've never really watched horror movies. I did get a small taste of one though- I saw maybe half an hour to and hour of The Boogeyman 2, but I was too freaked and grossed out to continue watching it.
We're planning to start with the least scary movies and work our way up to the scariest. Here are the movies we're planning to watch:
Prom Night
The Exorcist
The Ring
and I'm thinking maybe A Nightmare On Elm Street (if it's out... I don't keep track of these things.)

Can anyone suggest any super-scary movies for us to watch? And if you've watched any of the movies above, can you tell me if they're really that scary or not? I don't know which order to watch them in. I don't think I can stand Saw- too much gore. I know there is gore in other horror films as well, but Saw is supposed to be one of the goriest films out there, I've heard. My friends have told me about it.
Thanks.

Edit- I just watched the trailer for The Exorcist, but it doesn't look that scary... wondering if I should watch it or not?

Another Edit - and I forgot to add, we're watching Shutter Island too! Has anyone here watched it? My mom says it's depressing. o.o

Last edited by Betta Slave; 06-23-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #2 
Alexanderismylife

I personally love saw...But I always get freaked out after it lol! Paranormal activities? It's not too scary...But I still thought it was pretty good! Prom Night isn't very scary at all lol! Some parts are freaky but It's mostly not too scary and gory. I haven't ever seen The Ring but It's suppose to be a good scary movie! My favorite scary movie would probably have to be House Of Wax! Very creepy...Oh and Chucky lol! Dolls just freak me out...lol so do clowns...! I think House of Wax is pretty good tho :]

-House of Wax( group of friends on their way to a college football game falls prey to a pair of murderous brothers in an abandoned small town. They discover that the brothers have expanded upon the area's main attraction.. the House of Wax. And created an entire town filled with the wax-coated corpses of unlucky visitors. Now the group must find a way out before they too become permanent exhibits in the House of Wax)
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

I've watched Chucky. I find it wierd, if not anything else. XD
I saw the trailer for House of Wax, and it looks creepy o.o It's on my list Thanks!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #4 
dr2b

My two favorite scary movies are actually independent films from "The seven scariest flims to die for" series. The first is Wicked Little Things. The other one I cannot think of the title to save me... but I could tell you the entire plot if I had to lol. I LOVE horror movies....however I don't really get scared or freaked by them. Wicked Little Things and The Hills Have Eyes (the sequel more than the first... first did nothing for me) freak me out.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

I just saw the trailers for both of those! They look creepy! o.o They are on my list, thanks. This is going to be hard to choose.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #6 
SaylorKennedy

Lol, I like Wrong Turn. Yay cannibalists!
And The Grudge would be a good one too. Pretty scary.
The Haunting in Connecticut.
The Uninvited is really good.
And The Unborn I also liked.

The Ring is just kind of creepy mostly. Prom night isn't that scary, just has it's moments.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #7 
dr2b

Ohh yeah The Unborn was good. I watched Drag Me to Hell recently... it was just kind of weird. Wrong Turn gives my state a bad rap haha :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #8 
Betta Slave

Haha, guys, I hate to say it, but even for movie trailers I end up covering my eyes. XD I am such a scaredy cat, it's not even funny. I just mostly listened to The Unborn trailer. Hehehe.... But my friends are more chicken than me, so at least I won't be the only one shivering in my pajamas holding on to my teddy bear for dear life. XD

All of the movies you guys have suggested look great! My piano teacher came over and suggested The Shining and my dad suggested Psycho.

Edit- Is The Uninvited good?

Last edited by Betta Slave; 06-23-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #9 
mysquishy

The Devil's Rejects
The Others
28 Days Later
The hills have eyes

To me 'Nightmare on Elm Street' (the old one) is the creepiest movie ever!
mysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #10 
Betta Slave

Thank you! Those movies look great!
I might as well just watch horror movie trailers if I get scared that easily. XD
This is going to be hard to pick!

So far, the Unborn looks scariest. That cat-thing just freaks me out.

Edit- sorry, in my last post didn't read the 2nd last sentence in SK's post. I am so tired with finals and all.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 06-23-2010 at 08:26 PM.