Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #1 
BeccBecc

Is this tank okay?

So I decided to just keep the Betta by himself and bought a 5g tank. I just got it so there's no Betta in there now, but do you think one would be happy in this tank or should I exchange it for another?
Attached Images

BeccBecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #2 
Adastra

I have one similar to this, and it is fine. It doesn't have the swimming space of other tank designs, but it will certainly do. You may have to baffle the current from the filter if it disturbs your betta. I think more leafy silk plants would help as well--make sure the plastic stems do not have any rough spots--also, you should fluff the leaves out so the betta does not get caught trying to swim through the stems. Feeling around inside the decor piece, if you have not already, is also a good idea. Some resin and ceramic pieces can have sharp areas inside them, particularly around the seams. You can scrape off any sharp pieces of the plant or the resin piece with a metal file--I usually use a metal nail file, but don't expect a nail file to stand much abuse. :)

Now that you have a new tank I suggest researching the nitrogen cycle and how to cycle a tank using the fishless method.

Last edited by Adastra; 06-25-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #3 
BerkB33

It looks like a Marineland 5 gallon hex tank. Yes, it would be just right for a betta. Water quality, temperature, and living habitat also need to be considered when setting up for your new betta. Have fun and good luck.
BerkB33 is offline   Reply With Quote