Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #1 
akjadestar

Which would be cheaper?

Okay, I plan on getting 2 10 gallon tanks for two males... I already have one 10 gallon, but it doesn't have a filter, heater, light, lid, decorations , nothing. All those supplies together will cost me around $100, maybe? Now, for the second tank: I found a 10 gallon or maybe a bit bigger on Kijiji for $10... but it also has no filter or heater or lid or anything. I was looking at WalMart and found a 10 gallon kit with a hood, filter, and light for $50 bucks. All that would be let to buy if a heater and decorations.

So would it be cheaper to:

Buy the 10 gallon kit
Buy the 10 gallon from Kijiji and buy other stuff separate
Or

Buy two five gallon kits?
Thanks for the help...
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #2 
Welsh

Why don't you get a 20 gallon and divide it?
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #3 
Sarada

I have two 5 gallons and they each cost me about $120 to set up with heater, filter, gravel, plants and a hiding spot.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #4 
Adastra

If you look at craigslist/kijiji long enough you should be able to find a whole 10 gallon setup for fairly cheap. Also, you tend to get more for your money if you buy a larger aquarium.

If you need to buy additional supplies, I urge you to order online. http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com offers $9 flat rate shipping, and all of the products are at least $10 cheaper than what you would find at a pet store. If you don't have a credit card, they also accept paypal.

Alternatively, you could just divide one ten gallon with craft mesh and report cover bindings--this is a very cheap and effective method. If you densely decorate or cover the divider with plants it does not stress out the fish.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote