Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #1 
cafelatte

not sure what's wrong with my betta =(

Hey everyone,

So i just bought this betta around 1 week ago, and he was doing totally fine (regular water changes, water conditioner, etc) then one day he got these little white spots all over his body- which I figured was ick so I went and bought medication for him immediately.... (API super ick cure)
Ever since, he's been very "sad" looking and just floats at the top of the tank and just.. doesn't really move... nor is he eating!! I also noticed that when he first had the ick he randomly darts around (kinda looks like he went insane) and then suddenly stops and doesnt move AT ALL.......T^T
The ick has gotten significantly better, but today I noticed that he has a little bit of fuzz at the end of his tail and I'm really worried!!! Can anyone here tell me what might be happening to my betta and how I can treat these problems?
Thanks..
cafelatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:53 AM   #2 
Miss Jinkx

I am guessing that ick was present in the aquarium he came from and the stress of the move has made it too hard for your little guy to fight it off...

His erratic movements and lethargy indicate that he is still being irritated by the parasite.

What you're describing on his tail sounds like a fungus.. Ick looks like grains of salt.

Treating your little guy is pointless if your water parameters are not spot on. Keep the water pristine and the temperature consistent.

Raising the water tempt to 85 degrees during the ick treatment will help speed things up...
Treat one thing at a time.. Deal with the ick and then look at the situation on his tail... Treating him with an anti fungal, and and ick treatment will probably push him over the edge...
Miss Jinkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 AM   #3 
mjbn

I'd just say keep treating him. Make sure he's as comfortable as possible, keep constant water temp, places to hide, and all that. Maybe put him in a QT tank? idk, im new to this too, but i hope things get better!
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote