Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #1 
melisw13

Bigger tank issue....

Okay, here is my issue:
I received a larger tank from a friend of mine a few weeks ago. It's a 2.5 gallon. I bought 2 guppies for it from a local pet store, but they ended up with fungus. They had cottony white patches on them and died a few days later. I was treating them for the fungus, but they ended up dying anyways. I also had a few live plants in the tank with the fungus fish.

Well, now, I want to move my Betta, Vegas, from his tiny one gallon to the new (clean) 2.5 gallon, but I want to put the live plants in. I'm SO VERY worried that the plants and some of the decor got contaminated. I REALLY don't want to infect Vegas, but he really needs a bigger tank.

How do I make SURE that EVERYTHING is clean enough for my betta? The gravel, the plants, the decor, everything? I'm getting a new air stone and new filtration for him. He is my only betta, and want to make sure he stays happy and healthy!

Thanks everyone!!
melisw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #2 
melisw13

Anyone??
melisw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would clean the tank with vinegar and hot water and then rinse the heck out of it. I would get new decorations and plants.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 AM   #4 
louu

I am not encouraging a lack of cleaning but make sure if you do anything that you dry EVERYTHING completely out in the sun. There are some disease that can harbour in moist soil but mostly if aquatic diseases cant survive a complete drying out.

Though saying that I would atleast ditch the gravel as it is much to difficult to clean.
louu is offline   Reply With Quote