Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #11 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
It looks a lot like my 4 gallon tank.

This is an awesome site where you can put in the measurements.. http://reef.diesyst.com/volcalc/volcalc.html

Its really not big enough to put guppies or fish like that in, they need to be in groups. It would be a great tank for a betta or hermit crab, ADFs? Firebelly toads, etc.

uh...a hermit crab?...and a firebelly toad...sounds interesting there...but I don't think I can find those around here.... ._.

so besides a betta...I can't really put anything else in there...cause I don't know much about dwarf puffers....and I really don't think I can get a firebelly toad around here, and same with a hermit crab...

so basicly noting else will go in there....umm....too bad...I was hopeing for a diffrent kind of fish or maybe something land based I could hold or something...

5 something gallons and noting to put in it... are you guys sure no other fish can be placed in the tank?...
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #12 
Maryrox247

You can put a dog face in! (sorry for repeating but come on they are so funny and cute!) And i breed guppies and platys and happen to know that they would be FINE in a 5 gallon! ( they dont have to be in groups but it is nice to have at least 2) Tetras are good too. (at least 3 per type. Ideas: neons,harlequin rasboras,ect.) cory cats,ottos,adfs,zebra danios,swordtails. There are plenty of fish you can put in Salt or freshwater! (dog faces are saltwater btw)
Once again though *cough* dog face!! *cough cough*
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #13 
dukie1346

I looked those dog faced puffers up, and although they are pretty cute, they need a 100 gallon tank... Definetely not 5 gallons.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #14 
SaylorKennedy

Actually dog faces get up to over a foot long and need a 90-100 gallon tank...
Tetras need more length space than a 5 gallon can provide, even a 10 gallon is a not really recommended for them. You could possibly do cories with a betta as long as you keep up with water quality. You would have to cycle the tank first though.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 AM   #15 
1fish2fish

http://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-Guppy.htm

Honestly if your goal is to provide the optimum level of care for your pets I would not put anything in that tank besides a betta, african dwarf frogs, snails, or shrimp.

As for land animals its really even too small for a small hamster or mouse.

Do you have a Petsmart near you? They carry Fire Belly toads and hermit crabs.

You also might be able to find a small reptile that could live in it but I don't know what it would be.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #16 
SaylorKennedy

Like I said, Madagascar hissing cockroaches!
Pretty sure you could order them offline.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #17 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
http://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-Guppy.htm

Honestly if your goal is to provide the optimum level of care for your pets I would not put anything in that tank besides a betta, african dwarf frogs, snails, or shrimp.

As for land animals its really even too small for a small hamster or mouse.

Do you have a Petsmart near you? They carry Fire Belly toads and hermit crabs.

You also might be able to find a small reptile that could live in it but I don't know what it would be.

eh...I live in canada...and where I live is like the lesser known part of canada, so we don't get much around here...finding a firebelly toad would be extreamly rare, same with a hermit crab....I've seen hermit crabs before though...but thats when I was a child. I haven't seen anymore since then... .-. And I've never seen a firebelly toad there...I've seen a pacman frog and a white tree frog I think...but thats about it...I could possible order a hermit crab or a firebelly...but I'm not sure if they do orders for pets they don't have in stock.

the other petstore I have around me is a little bit more for exotic pets...like lionfish/puffers/sharks/eels/koi etc... but they don't carry lizards or amphibians....but it would be a good place to look for a fish I can't find else where...

saylor: ...I'm scared of those(and most insects)...I could keep em...but I wouldn't want to touch them wich would make a huge problem...the only insects I'm not scared of...that I can name off are earthworms,butterflys,moths,ladybugs,mantis(actual ly I love praying mantis),rhino beetles,crickets,grasshoppers,caterpillars...truth fully I'm only scared of the ones I don't know much about...cause I don't know if their calm or dangerous or etc...

so...puffers are out...

so the only thing is a betta/hermit crab/firebellytoad/snails/shrimp... ._.

not much of a choice also considering finding a firebelly and hermit is rare so I can basicly strike that off...so betta/snail/shrimp...

I guess the only choice I have is a betta fish... .-. well...that went fullcircle faster then I expected...

noting much else to put in there then... .-.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote