Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #1 
elv91

another question?

Why do betta fish make "bubble nests" I just recently bought my first one but didnt know much about them. I have been trying to read up on them but not having much luck. I just dont have time really. But i would just like a little information about them and everyone here seems to know a lot about bettas. I would love your help please, Thank You :)
elv91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #2 
Jakr959

Bubble nests are were the male betta stores the eggs after mating. A male making a bubble nest is one of the signs of wanting to mate. You do not have to breed them if you dont want to. Also, the male will gaurd the nest and will continue to add on to it.
Jakr959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #3 
elv91

but what about when you have to change the water in the tank. wont it get destroied?
elv91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #4 
kuklachica

It will get destroyed, but they will just make another one. Mine lose their at least once a week, and then they have fun making another one :) It's a natural instinct most males have (and even some females) and wind, larger animals, rain, etc. destroy the nests in the wild. So they will just keep building them! Don't expect to ALWAYS see one. Sometimes they will be in the "mood" to build one, other times they won't.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote