Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #31 
Cloelia

Of the three Walmarts within reasonable driving distance at least two of them took pretty good care of their fish. Maybe not great, but good, all things considered. All three of them have phased out their fish sections over the past few years, though. It was probably because people don't go to Walmart to buy fish when there is a pet store in the same shopping plaza. It makes me happy to know that.

Anyway, I know people like to go rescue their fish, but if you keep buying them, they keep having a reason to get more, and so on and so on... A better strategy would be ensuring that other people in your area stop buying Walmart fish.
Cloelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #32 
derpmeister

It's not really the cups that bother me so much, but at my Wal-Mart the bettas are kept in literally just an inch of water in their cup. Barely enough to cover them. It's absolutely horrifying. I haven't gone back since, and that was a looong time ago.
derpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #33 
Phoxly

Oh bettas looking dead for days, thats just how fish usually decay. I left my house for an overnight stay with some friends and came back to find my betta dead against the filter intake, he looked like he'd been dead for a few days but it was barely 16 hours.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #34 
artist4life

my wall mart stopped selling fish and the betta (Bubbles) i got from petco has ich im in the middle of treatment now
artist4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #35 
prettylittlefishy

I won't touch Walmart. I go to Meijer instead, and buy my bettas from Aquabid, Bettysplendens, other dealers, a Petco and PetSmart, and a LPS that I know the owners of.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #36 
misterBetta22

My walmart doesn't really sell bettas but I'm glad they dont. I dont want anymore bettas in that store EVER. I saw this on you tube too.
misterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #37 
marshamore

unfortunately, i have worked at walmart and i buy my fish from walmart, and they do in fact, take horrible care of them.

the unfortunate part of it is, if i had the financial ability to buy from aquabid or something, i would. if there was another pet store, i would. i live in a very small town in the middle of no where, walmarts the only place within a two hour driving radius that sells fish. :\

two of my guys came to my with horrible fin rot. but, i took them in, because they looked the worst. they're both healthy and thriving now, beautiful boys. the one fish i didn't get ill, is my baby HMDT dunn. but he does have what looks like a deformity in his spine, it's a little bump, and it just slopes down towards his head. it doesn't affect him, though.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 08-06-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: profanity
marshamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

2 year old thread.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #39 
rubinthebetta

People really should get Walmart stores (the ones that treat the fish bad, they don't all mistreat the fish, thank goodness) to either take better care of the fish or stop selling them.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta abuse, sad, walmart