Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #11 
Lion Mom

I LOVE the tank and everything works well - the tank came all in one piece. :) I had to baffle the filter, though, since I have a veil tail in there. I just rubber band an extra AquaClear sponge (or foam insert, if you prefer) to the front of the filter to slow the water down.

As far as your guy not eating this morning, I'm not really good with that stuff. Hopefully somebody else will help you out with that. Is he warm enough? Do you have a heater? They get sluggish if not kept warm.

Personally, I feed Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets Mon. & Fri., Ocean Nutrition Brine Shrimp Plus Flakes Tues. & Thurs. & New Life Spectrum Surface Feeder Formula Wed. & Sat. I then fast them on Sunday.

Hope that helps & hope everything works out!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #12 
JBug

Thanks so much! :]
I cant wait to get the tank. I want to get more fish and other tanks and stuff! :]
Here is my Wall-a-beee so far! :]

What do you think of him? :]
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jo%20Jo/Desktop/Wall-a-beee/Photo0064..jpg[/IMG]
JBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #13 
Adastra

He's beautiful, I'm sure he enjoys the room. Do you have a heater yet? Also--I'm not sure what kind of lighting that tank comes with, but if the bulbs are incandescent, you should replace them with compact fluorescent bulbs, since incandescents can run very hot and cause dangerous temperature fluctuations when they are turned on and off.

I use OmegaOne betta buffet pellets as well, other good brands are New Life Spectrum, Atisons betta pellets, and Ken's betta crumbles. If you can, it is also a great idea to vary the diet with different pellet brands along with frozen foods like brine shrimp or blood worms, since no single pellet can offer your fish complete nutrition.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #14 
JBug

Thank you very much!
Well I am going to get him a little bigger diet as soon as the new tank comes in. When I get that, that will be the only time I can really go to my near pet store. So I am currently working on that. :] And as for the light, its a lamp and the sun is pretty much it for now. :S I know thats bad but its all I have right now! Ill be upgrading him to better asap. :] Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #15 
Lion Mom

Your fish is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

FWIW, I only feed once a day. With the pellets, only 4 and with the flake a teeny, tiny bit. Remember, their stomachs are only about the size of their eye!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #16 
JBug

Thanks! I didnt know that!! :]
That helps a lot!!
"Thank you, you are beautiful too Lion Mom!"
;]
Old 07-01-2010, 06:42 PM   #17 
Lion Mom

You're welcome and thank YOU - even IF I'm really an old bat in real life!! LOL!

Personally, I think more bettas die early from bad water upkeep and overfeeding than anything else. Of course, genetics has a lot to do with it also, IMO.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #18 
JBug

Ha yeah they do. Well Im going to make everything just a little better for my Wall-a-beee when the tank comes in! :D Woot woot! :] Im excited!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #19 
Lion Mom

How is Wall-a-beeee doing? I know you said he didn't eat this morning. Maybe you should fast him tomorrow? Just a thought.

Oh, and how often are you changing his water in his little unit? I'm thinking you should be changing the water a LOT.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #20 
JBug

He doing great. Active as ever right now! :] And actually he did end up eating this morning so that made my birthday go better haha. I was thinkin fasting him tomorrow also. I figured I might do it saturday cause I will want to always make sure I fed him and all and satuday Ill be busy like crazy so I wont have time. :] So yeah. Ughh I change his water every 2 days. I dont wanna make him go into shock or something from constant everyday changed but I change every 2 days. I do clean the un-eaten food out of the tank. "I love to chase the catcher when she does that!" So yeah. :]

Tags
decor, new tank, plants