Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #1 
Busted

BigAls Online...

Well I was just wondering who has shopped there? My first time And I get charged twice for a item. Not very happy with them so far. Gotta call and get that fix tomorrow.

Items I bought are:
Atison's Betta Spa
Flourish Excel
Blackwater Extract
Ultra Sun Fluorescent 24"

All in one shopping cart, all paid for in one go. On Dec, 30th..

They sent it in 2 packages? And they charged me for the light again sometime today Jan, 3. This is very annoying. And I will no longer be shopping there .
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

I was planning on buying a few things from their online store, but now I don't think I'll be doing that! Thanks for posting this.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #3 
Busted

I'll post back tomorrow after I contact the costumer service. It may be a system glitch but being this is the first time with them I do think I will pass on using them again. Ill stick for fosterandsmithaquatics.com great place to buy from.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #4 
dr2b

I've used them a few of times with no problem. There was one issue with my address... but that is a common occurrence since I live in the middle of no where with no house numbers. They called me promptly trying to figure out if it was a mistake. They were very nice to me and my orders always come fast. I have a friend who only uses them and they have never had an issue either.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #5 
Busted

Ok heres what happened. When I bought all the items I was charged $36.15. Then when they shipped it, it was put into 2 packages. They canceled the $36.15 transaction and charged, $23.66 for the first package, and then $12.49 for the second package. Now I have to wait for the original transaction to be cleared before I get my money back. Which I was told can take up to 5 days So my main question is, If I had already paid for everything why cancel that and recharge the same amount seriously wtf?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #6 
dr2b

Amazon does that all the time when I buy multiple things and they ship separate. My bank account shows one lump charge as pending initially. Then if part of it ships before the rest it will charge for the items in that shipment and charge the rest when it ships.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #7 
Adastra

I could never shop from big al's, personally. Customer service is one thing, but they offer a variety of really inhumane products, such as this: http://www.bigalsonline.com/Fish_Aquarium-Kits-Furniture_Aquarium-Kits_Mini-Betta-Kit_9339137_82.html?tc=fish ; this: http://www.bigalsonline.com/Fish_Aqu...2.html?tc=fish ; and worst of all, this: http://www.bigalsonline.com/Fish_Aqu...2.html?tc=fish

I really can't support a store that endorses products like that. Very unethical. Drs. Foster and Smith Aquatics is better than that, they offer very few products like that and their customer service has always been great.

However, if you are going to order or are thinking of ordering from Foster and Smith, please check out this thread: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=58869
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #8 
Synthisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted View Post
Well I was just wondering who has shopped there? My first time And I get charged twice for a item. Not very happy with them so far. Gotta call and get that fix tomorrow.

Items I bought are:
Atison's Betta Spa
Flourish Excel
Blackwater Extract
Ultra Sun Fluorescent 24"

All in one shopping cart, all paid for in one go. On Dec, 30th..

They sent it in 2 packages? And they charged me for the light again sometime today Jan, 3. This is very annoying. And I will no longer be shopping there [IMG]file:///C:/Users/CHBRID%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG].
Resellers are now shipping items as they become available. This has been going on for 2-3 years. I work for a IT company that does resell, and we do the same. If all of your order is there except for 1 piece; they will ship you what is available. You are only billed for what ships when it ships. Like Amazon, you are only billed when the items ship, and not upfront.

The only downfall to this is that you get extra cardboard.

BigAls’s is a great online store; my friends, girlfriend, and I all do business there and will continue to.

Call them before jumping to conclusions. If they charged you the SAME amount both times, then someone probably goofed. If the totals are different, you’ll notice they ADD UP to the TOTAL you agreed to pay.

All my Xmas shopping came like this. I think Amazon sent me 7 boxes total… I got 7 bills, all the bills added up to the total I agreed to pay.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #9 
Synthisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted View Post
Ok heres what happened. When I bought all the items I was charged $36.15. Then when they shipped it, it was put into 2 packages. They canceled the $36.15 transaction and charged, $23.66 for the first package, and then $12.49 for the second package. Now I have to wait for the original transaction to be cleared before I get my money back. Which I was told can take up to 5 days So my main question is, If I had already paid for everything why cancel that and recharge the same amount seriously wtf?
Because on-line policies now require them to BILL when they SHIP and not ahead of time.

Most likely everything showed in the system, but when a person was pulling your order they noticed something hadn't arrived or wasn't ready. Maybe it even came in the same day - but why spend more time repackaging it when you can just throw it in another box.

Remember the shipping you are paying, is more then the company pays. Your also paying for the person to pull the order for you.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #10 
Busted

Well they charged upfront and then when shipped thats what had me upset xD Also all items I bought were in stock. Just annoying, because from all the stuff I buy online this has never happened. And I understand why Amazon does this, as its like ebay in a way, and a lot of items are from separate sellers. Ill just stick to other places I have had better experience with. Although the costumer service man I spoke with was nice, and explained everything.