Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #1 
Terranariko

Is it a cherry shrimp?

I went to my local petshop and I saw some glass shrimp, but there was one shrimp that was red and kinda white, it was in the same tank as some guppys and the glass shrimp...is that a cherry shrimp? there was no label for it at all so I dunno what it was.

Also are glass shrimp good for betta buddys? or will the betta eat or harass them?

And a bit off topic but is it possible to keep shrimp AND snails? or will they fight?

And what do shrimp eat? I know snails eat mico plants and vegi's from time to time, but what do shrimps eat?...
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

Shrimp and snails both eat algae and snails also eat plants. =] If the shrimp was red AND white it was most likely a crystal red or a cardinal. =] Snails and shrimp can live harmoniously if you provide lots of real or fake plants for them to hide in so that when the shrimp molts and becomes vulnerable for a few days that the snail and betta don't eat it. =]

here's a great shrimp site http://www.planetinverts.com/

You'll find all the shrimp knowledge you need there. =]

Also, you should check out the mystery snail care thread for a great mystery snail site! =]

Best of luck and if they ARE crystal reds please take pics of them! =] I LOVE those! <3

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 07-02-2010 at 11:21 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #3 
Terranariko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
Shrimp and snails both eat algae and smails also eat plants. =] If the shrimp was red AND white it was most liykely a crystal red or a cardinal. =] Snails and shrimp can live harmoniously if you provide lots of real or fake plants for them to hide in so that when the shrimp molts and becomes vulnerable for a few days that the snail and betta don't eat it. =]

here's a great shrimp site http://www.planetinverts.com/

You'll find all the shrimp knowledge you need there. =]

Also, you should check out the mystery snail care thread for a great mystery snail site! =]

Best of luck and if they ARE crystal reds please take pics of them! =] I LOVE those! <3
I dunno...I just saw one of them...so I think it might be gone by now... ._.
Terranariko is offline   Reply With Quote