Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #11 
wallywestisthebest333

nvm. =[

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 07-04-2010 at 08:35 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #12 
XrAdEr

You dont need a sponge o.o...just lift the U shaped tube..
XrAdEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #13 
wallywestisthebest333

I can't get mine to stay lifted though. =[ how do you get yours to stay lifted enough that it slows the flow without stopping it?
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #14 
CayennePepper

I have a Penguin Power Filter 100 that came with a 10 gal. Marineland kit I got that has too strong of current also (seems like its better suited for 20 gal. honestly). I tried pulling up on the u shaped tube but 1. the cover doesn't fit after I get it to the right current and 2. the spill-over isn't enough to turn the Bio-Wheel.

Any suggestions? I don't want to baffle it if at all possible and I can't do the filterless method.
CayennePepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #15 
akjadestar

I'm clueless about filters, I've never had a tank big enough to need one, and now I'm buying a 10 gallon from Kijiji (probably) And I know it comes with the Penguin power filter... is that the one giving you grief right now?
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #16 
CayennePepper

Yes, its a Penguin BIO-Wheel 100 Power Filter. As shown here: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

As a temporary solution I have raised the U shaped tube because Caye needs to be in there stress-free, especially after suffering from finrot and ammonia poisoning before. But the Bio-wheel isn't turning and the lids don't fit. Do some research on the different filters before you decide to buy one.

WallyWest, the tube on mine fits into the other tubing just so that there is enough friction to keep it from falling back down. If yours isn't able to I'd suggest wedging something in between (so long as its not disturbing anything else including the water).
Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #17 
akjadestar

Oh I'm not actually buying that filter, but the 10 gallon tank I'm probably getting from Kijiji comes with it, so I'm wondering if I should start researching on a different kind of filter.
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #18 
CayennePepper

Let me guess... Marineland kit? Thats how I got mine...
Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #19 
FloridaBettas239

I think sponge filter's are best for betta's. There is no chance of fin's getting tore. Sucked up or anything. To me the sponge filter's seem the best. Now you can get a regular filter like a aqua tech or aquaclear. And the sell a foam filter that goes on the inlet tube so it can't suck him up or tare his fin's. But you still have the advantage's of a sponge filter. With the advantage's of a aquaclear. That's what i have on all my tank's

SEE HOW I HAVE A SPONGE FILTER ON THE INLET TUBE SO IT'S LIKE I ADDED ANOTHER STAGE OF FILTRATION TO THE FILTER.

The box come's with a whole bunch of adapter's to it will fit any filter type...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #20 
Welsh

I use an aquaflow 50 in my 4gallon, it was initially in my 2.5 but the Elite Stingray that I was using for my betta was WAY too strong for the poor little guy so I switched them. It can be used for tanks up to 50Litres, when I first bought it I was sceptical because it looked kinda cheap but in the tank it looks good, its also adjustable and I would definately buy another one :)
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote