Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #1 
truthequalslies

Lightbulb aqualand unveils how they keep and receive bettas from thialand an the u.s.

well i remember people on here asking about how petstores get their bettas

i found a fs sight that has pictures of course i dont share his veiws on betta care but i knew everyone would be interested

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Betta,%20Housing.htm
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:10 AM   #2 
Neelie

i absolutley dont care what reason and explaination breeders give, i hate seeing bettas in small homes ie. under 2g. i will never agree to it and i will NOT argue about it.

when our pet shop gets bettas from singapore even the transport bags have more room than the homes the fish have there, nevermind those transport "bags".
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #3 
JKfish

wow, that's horrible, but it makes sense, seeing as the purpose of businesses is the get as much money as possible, and more bettas in a box= more money. :P

I wonder how many of those poor bettas die in those small bags while they are shipping.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #4 
Mizzle

Supply and demand. As horrible as that might be, everytime you buy a betta fish you are supporting them doing that. Bettas are such a cheap and bountiful fish you can see why they ship them like that & why shipping them in proper conditions would cost much more money.
Mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #5 
Phoxly

Bettas are born, raised, and bred in tiny cups until they are given to the consumer who buys them at a petstore who puts them in a slightly larger cup that is see through. If they were all kept in 2g tanks that'd be over 500g's of uneeded water that would be taking up space in petstores everywhere that stock bettas, and then over 200g's of water that would need to be changed... Until they reach your home and get in a tank, they don't know any better, and as far as they are concerned, what you gave them is the best thing in the world.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #6 
Phoxly

If you breed your bettas, do you keep each fry in a 2g tank? Depending on how good you are, thats ALOT of 2g tanks...
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #7 
Mudman

Terrible.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #8 
doggyhog

The link won't work for me. :(
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #9 
TeenyTinyTofu

And the quote under that pic reads: Since they came in these tiny bags, you know you can keep them in bowls.

Disgusting.
TeenyTinyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #10 
Sammyy

I totally agree that this is disgusting. What makes me the most mad about that whole page, is the comments from some of the people: all saying that the first person ( that explains that you CANNOT keep them in a cup like that and that its cruel ) is stupid and doesn't know anything about bettas. Its ridiculous how some people can ACTUALLY think that such magnificent and gorgeous fish can live in a cup and it being 'ok' or' the best thing for them and they hate being in even a 1/2g tank'. I honestly feel bad for all the bettas that the one person who has over 100 of them are all housed in mayo jars! That is just outright horrible for the poor little guys.=( It breaks my heart to think people are like this</3
Sammyy is offline   Reply With Quote