Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #1 
metalbetta

Smile Plans for the 4th?

Happy 4th of July, USA betta keepers!

It's raining relentlessly in Lincoln, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for it to stop tonight, but for right now I don't think I'll be blowing anything up. Though I'm hearing the occasional artillery shell in the neighborhood, so it can't be TOO bad.

What are you all doing tonight?
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #2 
vaygirl

I'm working on sliders and grilled corn on the cob. Hubby's playing Hawx and later I'll be playing Sims 3. Another evening at home. They canceled our town's 4th celebration this year due to lack of funds.
But we have each other and our basset. We'll have fun as usual!

Happy 4th! I hope your rain lets up!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:00 PM   #3 
dr2b

I have been spending my 4th of July getting everything moved out of my bedroom so we can rip the carpet out and paint the walls and ceiling tomorrow morning :) Oh and shopping for a ceiling fan... not too fun of a 4th of July lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #4 
doggyhog

Eating grilled steak for dinner. LOL I'm easily satisfied.

Maybe see if we have any sparklers? We'll see.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #5 
ThePearlFish

We are going to watch The Golden Compass after eating some Indian Food that my mom sent home with me from MD.

That's it :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Happy 4th of July to all....

Planned on outside grilling- steaks and shrimp with new potatoes, fresh sweet corn on the cob, onions, squash, cucumber salad, grilled garlic bulbs to smear on the steaks all fresh from the garden....and Birthday carrot cake...yummy.....

I sure hope it stops raining long enough to get the grill going.....

Grand kids and daughter coming over to do the fireworks and swim to celebrate the 4th and my hubby birthday...dang! it needs to stop raining..... it is July for crying-out-loud....laffs

Well at least my pond is now full of water and I don't have to water the garden.....but now I can't leave the house because my driveway is now in the back twenty.....at least I know where its at....laffs.......

Be careful everyone...be safe and happy 4th of July........
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #7 
Kaisa

I'm celebrating today but not Independence Day. It's my Birthday!!!!! we celebrated by going to my fav. place, the Vancouver Aquarium,then walked around the sea-wall then out to lunch at my favourite restaurant (White Spot). On our way home we picked up an Ice Cream cake from Dairy Queen and going to order in Chinese food for dinner. It's been a very nice day but I sorta wish I lived the in USA so I could have fireworks and big parties on my Birthday
Kaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

A cousin of ours came over and we had leftover pasta and chicken. I envy those of you who had cookouts with hamburgers, hotdogs and all the trimmings. Our family did that years ago until everyone started dying off. The ones left are a bunch of tightwads who would never think of having anyone over. We can't do it due to lack of room and my mom's health.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #9 
metalbetta

Well good news, the rain let up! I have some awesome fireworks pictures I'll share later!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #10 
SaylorKennedy

Did nothing really. My mom is in VA, I pulled a muscle in my knee, and my dad has been pretty sick the past couple of days.
Despite all that, I still grilled some hamburgers and corn, made some rice and cookies. After we ate I just have been watching a movie and trying to keep Bandit calmed down. Nothing eventful. Could have watched the fireworks from my porch but I wasn't really interested this year. Heard they weren't that good this year anyways.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote