Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #1 
sstacy19

bettafish curse....

Ok probably not..but seems like it. I have not been on this board in a long time, before I became a member here I had my beloved Spiderfish(veiltail)...once I joined he suddenly was covered in ick...then had ended up with a bacterial infection, we of course fought our ways through it all..but I started buying more bettas as part of my new addiction. Sky(delta) quickly became a tail biter and ruined his beauty..Elmo lasted through all of everything without so much as a scratch..but the more I read and educated myself on this board the more bad things happened to my fish.
I stopped coming on the board due to personal problems and illness and poof! My fish all remained healthy and happy (6 males- 3 from aquabid) 7 females.
I come back on the board just as a reader last week and all hell broke loose...
My beautiful blue and orange halfmoon Cyrus, who was from Dragon stock..suddenly dies without any symptoms (Although after speaking to a breeder in Florida I came to find out that alot of the fish you buy on Aquabid are older fish, not the age they claim them to be)
Then the very next day, Henry my beautiful orange Halfmoon got into Sky's side of the tank..and I found him stuck to Sky's filter..I was afraid he might not make it, he pulled through, but he tail and fins are very damaged.
Same day my little mustard gas crowntail got into the tank with the females(he was in a makeshift divider for months with out issue) Well the girls beat him up pretty good. )
The next day the mean female betta I had recently purchased killed 3 of my established females...
Seriously, I went for months on end without any issue or incident...came back on the board and POOF! my bettafish Curse....weird or what???
I gave 4 of my 5 boys to my brother and kept only spiderfish...he is back in his 3 gallon tank now in my office. (told my brother that he now has almost $$150 just in fish) I have also given away my killer female-who was a beauty by the way...orange and blue veiltail. So now I only have spiderfish, 2 balloon mollies a male guppy, a pleco and 4 female betta..one of which is from Thailand.
Now I may still lurk about but I am very nervous to stay on this board...
Bettafish curse or just a week of bad luck?
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #2 
PucknLoki

hopefully just a week of bad luck...that will end soon XD
PucknLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #3 
sstacy19

thanks...lets hope.
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #4 
Bettacaleb

hope its a bad week