Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #21 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Oh, okay, sorry wwitb333, I wouldn't know. I don't have any 1 gal tanks atm.
Yep, you have to change the water entirely daily- waste builds up quickly. 2 times a month is much too little. It's daily for a one gallon tank.
Lol! XD It's cool. =P I'm not upset. sorry bout the uncharacteristic lack of emotes. Long frustrating day + tired= wonky typing. XD
this supports my advice further. =] again read the FAQ.

If you can't take care of any animal then you shouldn't buy it. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #22 
Serox

I have another question; If I have to change the water daily, doesn't the betta get stressed if I'm moving him all days to clean the water? I remove him with a plastic cup.
Serox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #23 
Betta Slave

It might stress him out a bit, but I had (and still have to) do water changes daily for a betta with parasites, and he's gotten used to it, showing no color change or stress whatsoever. He even co-operates and swims into the net for me. o.o
I find a net would be better, and just place him (in the net) in a cup of aquarium water, then when the change is done, lift him in the net back into his new water.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #24 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serox View Post
I have a half gallon tank with no filters for my Betta, do you guys think it's ok to have it there? Bc I can't afford any other tank. I want to know how often do I have to change the water and if 2 little plastic plants are ok for my Betta?

Well my Betta did die last night, 4 of July and I was so sad... he was floating and not moving much for like 2 weeks or more, he seemed to be very sick, and the last night before he died I saw him really sick, he was like breathing to much, I knew he was about to die but couldn't do anything what can I do if this happens to me again? to make him get better.
did you pay a lot of attention to it? because they can die from stress (rarely) but IMO/E my bettas have 2 have my attention because they get mopey and look unhappy. my females get stress stripes and when i give them attention again the stripes go away:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #25 
bettalover2033

Cool :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
It might stress him out a bit, but I had (and still have to) do water changes daily for a betta with parasites, and he's gotten used to it, showing no color change or stress whatsoever. He even co-operates and swims into the net for me. o.o
I find a net would be better, and just place him (in the net) in a cup of aquarium water, then when the change is done, lift him in the net back into his new water.
"He even co-operates and swims into the net for me. o.o"

awwww thats cute lol i think hes just sick of all the parasites:)
not to change the subject but how is your Lil guy doing? i love that pic in your avatar:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 AM   #26 
Betta Slave

Thanks I like it too.

He's doing pretty well, the bubblenest in that pic's grown bigger. He still does have parasites (ARGH! I am sick of water changes...) but not many- he doesn't flash randomly like he used to, only when I put him in to his new aquarium water with the new aquarium salt. And even when he does flash, it's not for very long at all. I think, with all the bubblenests he blows, he's going to be a good daddy when I breed him. He's come such a long way from when I first got him!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #27 
wallywestisthebest333

He'll be stressed for all of five minutes IME (in my experience).

Genie gets stressed for like a minute. I too use the plastic cup method because my net messed up alakazam's fins right before he died so I haven't had the heart to use it on Genie.

Also the few times I did use it on Genie before alakazam died it really stressed him and the plastic cup only scares him a bit. =]

Luckily my tanks have enough room to maneuver him in the cup if he's already at the surface. I kinda take him by surprise.

Seriously. look into at least a 1 gallon because with the half gallon I'd honestly change it twice a day.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #28 
wallywestisthebest333

Hey BettaSlave is Spiri or Murdoc the one with parasites? I hope he gets better soon! =]
Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #29 
Betta Slave

Spiri has parasites (from pet store). Murdoc has ammonia burn scars from poor pet store water quality. Thanks.

Bigger tanks are also not only more spacious, but you have to clean them not as often as you would a one gal, for example.
But as everyone else has said, if you can't afford the animal (and it's proper care) then there is really no point in keeping it.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #30 
wallywestisthebest333

Ah. Sorry about your babies. <=[