Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #31 
Betta Slave

Thank you. (And both Murdoc and Spiridion thank you, too!) Spiri has come a long way, in fact, he's my most active fish right now, but at this point it's really Murdoc who I'm worried about. Yes, he is blowing a bubblenest, but... even though he does swim around a bit, he isn't very active.
I appreciate it :)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #32 
Serox

Im curious of the age or time ur bettas have with u ppl?
Serox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #33 
Serox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
He'll be stressed for all of five minutes IME (in my experience).

Genie gets stressed for like a minute. I too use the plastic cup method because my net messed up alakazam's fins right before he died so I haven't had the heart to use it on Genie.

Also the few times I did use it on Genie before alakazam died it really stressed him and the plastic cup only scares him a bit. =]

Luckily my tanks have enough room to maneuver him in the cup if he's already at the surface. I kinda take him by surprise.
Yeah, the cup scares them a bit, but the net kinda hurts them more, in the cup they are with water, just as if they still were in the tank.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #34 
Betta Slave

Serox, you have a a good point, the net is just my opinion. My bettas get freaked out by the cups for some reason.

If you meant it this way, I spend... around maybe 3-4 (before it was 1-2 or something.... that changed today. XD) hours a day with them.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #35 
wallywestisthebest333

I'll be spending more time with Genie now because I don't think I've been giving him enough one on one time. =[/=]

Gonna go to bed now though. XD SOOOO tired. =P Good luck Serox and again if you and your fish want to be happier I'd at least put him in a 1 gallon container of SOME sort. Even if it's not see-though. =]

Seriously try getting the 2 gallon Heritage Hill jar from Mainstay next time you're at walmart. Just take a good look at the picture then look for it. =] the lid will be taped to the jar. The price tag under it will only read "2 gallon jar" and the price (around 8-10 dollars). =]

If you get it though don't put the lid on when you're betta's in there! They need access to air at all times! My jar was empty and I just put the lid on so that you could see what it looks like at the store! =]

I'll post a pic with genie in there later today. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #36 
Serox

Guys how old are your bettas!? :D
Old 07-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #37 
wallywestisthebest333

ok OOOOONE more post because I really like that question! =3

I think Genie's around 4-6 months.

He was at the store for quite a while it seemed because his fin was rotting and he looked kinda old compared to the rest of them =] I've also had him for about a month.

Alakazam was a feisty young'un. XD So probably about 3-4 months when I got him.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 AM   #38 
Betta Slave

Alrighty.... including their estimated in pet-store time...
Nereus is probably around a year old
Marmaduke is hard to say... maybe a year as well
Hattie is 5 or 6 months old
Norm is a year or two (he looks it- he was a rescue betta so I don't know)
Spiridion is maybe 4-5 months, maybe 6
Tallulah-Faye is around 3-4 months
Murdoc is probably around 8 months or so (though I got him yesterday)
and Stu is most likely around 2-3 months, he's a young guy. (Got him yesterday as well).

It's hard to tell, though, because most pet store bettas are older, that's what I find, at least (though that's not the case in some stores.)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:45 AM   #39 
Serox

Wow! thats cool guys, they last alot with u guys, I jus has had 1 betta and lasted 2 months :(

Do u guys cry, get sad, miss them when they die?
It's sad not seeing them anymore moving around ur tank and their little fins, mine used to look at me when I was near the tank while moving his lil fins :')
Then when I got far from the tank he started to move really fast like going crazy "oh no! please dont leave me alone" xD
Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #40 
Betta Slave

I know I get sad and cry when my bettas die... Heck, I cried a little when Spiridion jumped out of his tank and messed his fins up, but.... I'm a bit of a softie.