antibiotics for fin rot.
Penicillin at 10,000 units per liter is a very effective treatment. Treat with a second dose in two days. Or use chloromycetin, 10 to 20 mg per liter, with a second dose in two days. Other antibiotics can also be effective. Kanacyn (kanamycin) will treat both bacteria at once. Maracyn (erythromycin) is effective against C. columnaris, and using Maracyn 2 (minocycline) in conjuntion with it will treat the Aeromonas bacteria as well.
Maracyn 2 contains Minocycline, Maracyn plus contains Sulfadimidine and Trimethoprim. you can use them both together at the same time.please remove the carbon filters in your tank before adding medication. the maracyn plus comes in a different dosages one is the 32oz and the other is 8 oz.
usage is as follows :
- Shake well before using.
- Add 2 capfuls (10 ml) per 10 gallons of water.
- Treat on days 1, 3 and 5.
- Use as soon as the first signs of disease are noted.
- Treated water may appear cloudy at first due to the presence of the microscopic spheres; 30 minutes to 1 hour after treatment all cloudiness is gone.
- Maintain normal filtration and air.