Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #1 
frogipoi

Question Aqua-bid... Good or evil..

I hear many opinions about this... So who is right? I just want to know.. NIB BETTA says it is evil?
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #2 
xswornxoffxjello

Aquabid is a network of breeders of many types of fish, aquarium supplies and equipment. There are some really good sellers and some bad ones, too.
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #3 
JKfish

Aquabid has such great bettas it's bound to be good, but getting them is so expensive (especially from breeders in Asia), and most of us don't have that sort of money for the bettas, so we can only stare, drool, and dream, which makes it "evil". ^.^
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #4 
TheJadeBetta

I agree with xswornxoffxjello and JKfish.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #5 
frogipoi

I will look at some tonight! Evil breeders making us stare!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now I see what you are talking about!

Last edited by frogipoi; 07-06-2010 at 08:22 PM.
frogipoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #6 
FireKidomaru

EVIL!! i mean... they have crazy pretty bettas on their and they cost a fortune!! i know i cant afford them so all i can do is drool
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #7 
1fish2fish

Considering how much it costs to breed, not to mention how time consuming it is to maintain multiple spawns/ adults the fish on aquabid don't really cost too much.

Consider what your paying for. Well bred fish that live in excellent conditions and a fed the best of foods and are then lovingly packed to be safely shipped to you. Now think about the $3 fish you got at petsmart that was swimming in its own filth, has bad fins, ammonia burns, is starved, and has lord knows what genetic abnormalities in its background. That $20 fish is starting to look pretty good.

You do take a risk with aquabid but you can see the seller's feedback. Believe me if people get a bad fish from someone they won't hesitate to give bad feedback. Also if you take the time to learn what a well put together fish should look like (and how to tell if a picture is photoshopped) you can usually tell the difference between a really nice fish and a not so nice fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #8 
pumh

another thong is the shipping prices are horrid right now!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
pumh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #9 
Betta Slave

I have never used Aquabid... but just by looking at it I say it's evil. XD The fish there make me drool (okay, well, almost.) It just increases my Betta Bug.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #10 
FloridaBettas239

Just like everyone said there is good and bad breeder's on AB it's just like an ebay but of fish and aquatic supply's. So you just have to research the breeder that has the fish you want AB has a section where you can look up breeder's and it will tell you every good and bad thing about them. What other people have said about the breeder.

I also agree with 1fish 2fish by the time you pay your monthly expenses for fish food, power bill, water bill, containers, fish bag's, And there's more and more breeder's license so the price there charging is not bad at all for the quality of fish your getting plus it's only 5 dollars a fish to have them shipped to the trans shipper so if you got a pair for 35 plus 5 each for it to go to the trans shipper and then you pay from the trans shipper to you which is 14 dollars. So its not that bad your getting a real betta and if its from the right breeder then they have put there heart and soul into a line and your buying into that line that he has worked so hard for and your only doing it for 60 or 65 dollars not bad i dont think thats bad at all but thats just me.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote