Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #11 
FloridaBettas239

Okay so as far as i know its been a week and a half and nobody has fought yet you can watch the males chase each other but there so much live plants and lilly pads that they just hide for a little while and come back out. And even if they fought a little its better than what they were going threw because most of them are recuse that he saved so they could live in poor conditions or in a little container or this big pond and mabey get into a couple fights here and there as long as they got all that room they wont fight to the death at least they havent.

As for the whole being able to breed he has a fountain that keeps the water going so they build a nest all day and over night it pop's so in the morning it almost all gone plus if anything hatched from a spawn the other 20 bettas would have a nice meal, sounds mean but its part of nature.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

Its a great idea but if the winter gets as cold in Florida as it did last winter he is going to lose those fish. I hope he has tanks to take them inside if it get's below 75*
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #13 
FloridaBettas239

He has a couple tanks a 125 gallon and a 120 bow front he has all kinds of filters and heaters I'm sure he will drop one in there and cover it with a sheet so that it keeps the heat in and if worse comes to worse he can put them in some cups or Bennie baby case I think the pros out way the cons with this set up I think it's the collest thing ever I'm thinking of rehoming some geno halfmoons that don't sell as fast because there geno and let them have fun in there.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #14 
wallywestisthebest333

That sounds super sweet! =D
He sounds like he really cares about his little guys and gals! <=]
I'm glad that everyone is getting along and everything!
I can't wait till you get some pictures/video! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #15 
jmtriro01

what is a reular tailed betta? what type of tail is that?

a pond could be easily managed here in our country because its never gets too cold because we only have two seasons.
jmtriro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #16 
AureliaAurita

Way cool interesting idea! I'll be interested to see how it plays out! PS- sneak us some pics, eh?
AureliaAurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 AM   #17 
FloridaBettas239

That's a good idea I need to shoot a video of it and put it on YouTube and stuff I'm gonna call him see if he can have his girl shoot some video with her camera. He lives an hour from me but I will get something.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #18 
FloridaBettas239

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelmeraguirre View Post
what is a reular tailed betta? what type of tail is that?

a pond could be easily managed here in our country because its never gets too cold because we only have two seasons.
Sorry i call them regular type, What i should of said it VT or veiltail betta.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #19 
SleepyRN

This idea crossed my mind. My sister had a baller koi pond made in her backyard. I've been thinking when I have my own place to make a betta pond... I'd be scared with that many though! Glad it worked out though, I'm sure they will all be fine. How does he keep the water clean? Is the fountain enough? How deep is it?
SleepyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #20 
FloridaBettas239

He does have a hydro IV sponge filter to keep everything clean. He wants me to come back over he said there is little water frogs in there swimming with the bettas when he feeds them the frog eats also lol...