Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #1 
tanglover

strange white specks in my gravel

i posted this stuff last week (so you know whats going on)

Posted 7/2/2010 12:11:57 PM
well the same thing has happend in my new tank about 2 days ago but the parasite has broken off.... today i look at my tanks gravel and iv been noticing ball point sized white specks that are stuck to and under the gravel iv counted about 20 of these tiny things in my gravel..... unfortunatly they are to small to be noticed by a camera

i did reserch on said specks and it points to ich in its advanced stage where it breaks off the fish to multiply. 0_0

this worries me greatly and my tank is still breaking in what is it what should i do

i already did one vaccume when i first saw these (at the time i didnt think anything of them but now today there back

Water Water Every Where But Not A Drop To Drink

Posted 7/2/2010 12:26:53 PM
ok i just found a huge group of these things and i got a good shot of them

this is my fish before i started noticing these things in the gravel the white thing has since fallen off there was only one of them

i dont like these things they look evil

Posted 7/3/2010 7:52:21 AM
well i vacuumed the gravel again yesterday really deep but this morning they are back i have a feeling it is ich
also my fish has now lost a patch of scales over his head i assume he is scratching at night or something im going to day so i fed him well and added some amquel+ 2.5ml and topped the tank off with allitle water i made last night i wont be back until this Wednesday or Thursday but im afraid a huge attack may occur while im gone im hoping for the best and when i get back i plan to eradicate them from my tank

water 78 degrees f

and i decided to not use the feeder since im not going to be gone longer then a week

what meds should i use when i get back
i think i might use api super ich liquid or kordon rid ich

what about my water temperature i read to bump it up as it speeds up the parasites metabolism the cycle speed up but this also speeds up the time that need to add meds to kill it :/

should i wash my pitcher and vacuum with vinegar after each clean

date july 07 2010

i just got back and i did a 1 gallon water change those things had multiplied like a mother trucker and

my fish's fins werent too good looking he doesnt have anything on him (so far)
i think its ich so im going to go out and buy api super ich cure or kordon rid ich i need some oppions here i dont think these white things are good for my tank

i add amquel+ and fish protect along with 1 teaspoon of salt for ever gallon of water i make

my ph seemed allittle high thank god its sustaining its self now so i removed one of the shells i had in there the level was over 7.6 so i dont know the amount

my ammonia is at 1.0 - 0.50

please help thanks :P
tanglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #2 
sjones

God that's gross. good luck with the treatment.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #3 
Betta Slave

Well, that's kind of.... yeah... gross. o.o I have no freakin' clue, but I hope he gets better!
Though I don't think it's ich, too big... But hopefully the medicine will work.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 AM   #4 
tanglover

so yall think its like some sorta fungus or sumthing ...... should i get like a common fungal medicine....
tanglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #5 
sjones

i just pmed you
Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #6 
sjones

any luck?