Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #11 
FloridaBettas239

Be smart enough not to go to them site's then i dont no what to tell you. I no if i listen to some of the people here half my fish would be in shock everyday if not get sick. there's plenty of site's that help you without a thing to sell. I swear everytime something is said on this site someone has something to say bad about it or negative about it or they no more then the person that post before them lol its a joke.
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #12 
Oldfishlady

We all have opinions and we all have the right to state them....that is what a forum is for.....thats the beauty of forums......debate and discussion......in a respectful manner......

Everyone has had different experience to base their opinion on, what works for me may not work for you and what works for you may not work for me...doesn't mean either of us are wrong...we have just had different experiences to base our opinions on.......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #13 
FloridaBettas239

I thought this fourm was to help people also. Not be close minded to almost everything. To not say something negative everytime someone has an idea. And when people get paid hundreds of dollars or more a week to help people and has a whole website dedicated to fish care and then I post a page from there site an people are like oh no I don't think this make since and this is what I do. Well are you the expert are you getting paid money. Your just on here saying IMO. I'm sitting here just joined this fourm and even thou I think I no about fish and have the answer I still go get the answer from the experts just in case I don't want to tell someone how to do something just because I've done it or it works for me I want it to be the right.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't think anyone here is an "evpert" but some of us have a lot of experience keeping fish and what works for one may not work for another. For example, one person may swear by Jungle Fungus Clear and say it works for them every time they use it. Someone else might say it's no good because it never worked for them. Not to be rude but if you get your answers from the experts then why belong to a forum?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #15 
FloridaBettas239

Just cause I get info from experts means I can't be on a fourm the last time I Checked it was called bettafish. com not taking care of fish.com I joined because I thought it was going to be a bunch of betta lovers and people trying to better the breed but it seems more like some cool and nice people along with some rude no it all people I just like to talk to people that enjoy betta like I do I part of the betterbettas fourm that you have to pay to be part of and then i seen this fourm and thought I would join it since the name betta was right in the URL people wouldn't think about acting like that in the ibc congress it's just rude oh but that's just my opinion lol.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, we do get the occaisional know it all here. Also, just because I have the title of moderator does NOT mean that I know it all or think I know it all. That comment wasn't aimed at you, Florida bettas. I just wanted to put that out there in case anyone thinks that moderators know it all.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:39 PM   #17 
FloridaBettas239

I didnt even no you are a moderator! And dont care, I dont care if your obama. Oh i see you had to put it on the post just in case people dont no. you need to tell everyone lol. Nobody even brought up the word moderator one time. You just had to make sure everyone know's. like i care or it make a difference that you have a little title by your name that says "moderator". Wow your the moderator on a small fourm, how awesome lol.. but that's just my opinion right. lol

I thought this fourm was to talk about betta fish not bash peoples ideas and try to find every little problem with them just because you do it another way or its your opinion. the web site is bettafish.com not your opinion.com or this is the way i do thing's.com i understand if someone ask but most of the time they asking a serious question that can cause a sick or even dead fish if not given the facts just how you do it ... I dont act like i no it all because then i wouldnt open minded and willing to learn new things which makes me a better fish keeper in the long run. Plus there is always something new to learn. But if you want to keep telling people how to do things half a$$ just because thats the way you do it or its your opinion. I would rather tell them how to do it by the book and let them tweak it a little to fit there needs. Not this is my opinion and this is how i do it yes i let them no how i do it but whatever the question is i state the facts from the best source i can get info on there question from. Not a got it all figured out moderator...
Old 07-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #18 
Adastra

No one is insulting you, and there is no reason to get defensive. The only purpose for moderators on these sites is to keep people on topic and deter people from flaming each other--other than that moderator status means nothing--this is why they don't feel a need to go around sporting moderator status. It doesn't mean anything.

If you're having a problem with someone, or the way this forum reacts to or poses criticism, I suggest going to the general non-fish section and making your own topic, or taking your argument to PMs if there are certain individuals that you have problems with. At this point this thread has nothing to do with why the OP's water was cloudy--so it might be best to close this topic.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #19 
FloridaBettas239

So the moderator is supposed to keep people from getting off topic but there the one doing it also instead of PM or saying something like PM me and we can finish talking. but nope just get off topic and tell other people not to lol thats awesome. So the moderator can say there opinion and get off topic but tells other people not to do it lol. The moderator is supposed to keep people from getting flamed but instead of saying let's take this to the PM. No they just keep going back and forth always trying to find a problem in peoples post so he/she can say something about it like "that will never work" or "i wouldnt do that" "in my opinion this is what i do" how about looking at the good things about something bettas are going to die no matter what so just because someone has an idea and bettas are still going to die here and there its not a good idea well at least less are dying then whats dying now at least someone is doing something instead of just sitting behind a computer talking smak look at the good in something but no everything is negative.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #20 
Amour

I feel kind of uncomfortable that my thread turned into an argument. I figured out the problem so we can close it if you want.
Amour is offline   Reply With Quote